Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and have mines and projects in the United States, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 6,000 people worldwide. Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work, and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate. At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate. Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us.
Job Title: Nurse
- Deliver non-emergency and emergency medical/trauma response care to all employees on site.
- Provide clinic access and services for minor illness or injury including relevant clinical assessment, treatment, and regular follow-up of all cases until complete resolution.
- Participate in Company’s information campaigns on the subjects of personal protective equipment, healthy lifestyle (alcohol, drugs, smoking, diet, weight control, exercise etc), and personal precautions for the prevention of transmissible diseases through briefings, collaboration in newsletters as and when requested by the Doctor.
- Ensure that all medical equipment is in working order and are properly maintained.
- Monitor inventory of medications and other supplies to ensure continuous availability of medications, disposable items and equipment at level agreed with Company’s management.
- Dispense drugs to clients/patients after consultation with the doctor.
- Ensure onward referral where appropriate of employees with emotional or adjustment problems that may affect fitness for duty or workplace safety to occupational health Physician.
- Ensure appropriate disposal of clinical waste in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Perform other duties as reasonably assigned by your supervisor or his appointee.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must be a qualified State Registered Nurse with basic knowledge and skills in General Nursing, Paramedics, and First Aid & Safety at Work.
- Must have adequate knowledge in storage/management/Audit of controlled medication and Mine Safety Regulations & Practices.
- Must be able to apply standards, policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data of patients and clients.
- Must be able to work at odd hours including night shifts and for long hours and also function within the required physical demands of the job as outlined.
- Must have strong ethics and positive attitude to work
- Good working knowledge with MS Office Suite especially in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- A holder of a Physician Assistant certificate will be an added advantage.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with good and defensive driving skills.
How to Apply
Applicants with the requisite skills & qualifications are to apply to the address below not later than 25th May, 2018:
[email protected] Or
The Human Resources Manager Chirano Gold Mines Limited P. O. Box 57 Bibiani
Please indicate ONLY the position in the subject area when applying online