Posted on :
16 Sep, 2016
16 Sep, 2016
Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold Mining Company with its Head Office in Toronto, and has mines and projects in the United States, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline.
Job Title: Senior Database Administrator – Geology
Purpose of Role
To maintain geology department databases in good standing, ensure access of databases for all users and ensure functionality of the databases deliver required outputs.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Actively promote Safety culture and Hazard awareness and ensure relevant Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations are fully complied with at the work place.
• Actively participate in CGML Continuous Improvement program
• Ensure that the Geology Database is up to date, including: Drillhole collar information, Sampling and assay data, Ore mining tallies, Stockpile balances, and Truckload data transfer.
• Maintain both open pit and underground Geology databases.
• Ensure that robust data validation processes are in place and always validated.
• Ensure that the database procedures are current so that data users have access to the data at all times.
• Actively develop and improve database functionality.
• Maintain adequate data back-up procedures to ensure the security of the databases at all times.
• Analyse and present data as directed. Including laboratory turnaround times and QAQC reports.
• Manage the Geology master folders in line with departmental requirements and standards.
• Ensure all Surpac users have access to software and updates are installed and distributed.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of geological software developments.
• Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned by your supervisor in accordance with the company’s policies.
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least a Degree in Geology/ Geographical Information System or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
• Must have a minimum of 3-6 years practical experience in advance exploration, project development or mining production.
• Advanced computer skills – 3D-Mining Software (preferably Surpac), GIS, Microsoft applications (Access, SQL Server) or similar geological database systems
• Understand GIS principles, the application of GIS to mapping, and methods of capturing, processing, and disseminating GIS data.
• Good working knowledge of geological-related QA/QC standards and methods.
• Must be able to apply standards, policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
• Good written and oral communication and report writing skills.
• Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with defensive driving skills.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants with the requisite qualifications should send their CVs and copies of relevant certificates to the address below not later than 24th September, 2016:
The Human Resource Manager
Chirano Gold Mines Limited
P. O. Box 57
Please indicate ONLY the position in the subject area when applying online.
Closing Date: 24 September, 2016