Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and have mines and projects in the United States, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 6,000 people worldwide. Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work, and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate. At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate. Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us.
Job Title: Batch Plant Operator
- Mixing of concrete
- Ability to shotcrete using Jacon machine
- Ability to operate the batch plant and to know the right mix
- Ability to use a Front end loader
- Ability to operating the Agitator Truck
- Ensure the batching plant area is kept in a clean and tidy condition at all times
- Spot check concrete & make adjustments to recipes where necessary
- Keep stocks up to date, order materials such as cement, aggregates & admixtures
- Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance
- Ensure all tasks or activities are executed and aligned with Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Work Instructions at all times
- Maintain production goals and objectives as a team member
- Report all accidents, unsafe positions, defective equipment, and safety complaints to immediate supervisor or to HSE representative
- Actively participate in CGML Continuous Improvement program
- Use materials and supplies in a cost effective and efficient manner
- Complete end of shift tasks including status checks, data reporting and handover in preparation for the incoming shift team
- Work with little or no supervision by following technical instructions
- Demonstrate knowledge of underground mining processes and operations
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned by your supervisor in accordance to the company’s policies.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must possess at least MSLC/SHS Certificate or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ working experience in Underground Mining Operations.
- Ability to read and understand designed ground support plans
- Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude and good personal behavior.
- Results oriented and meets deadlines.
- Must have thorough understanding of underground mining operations, and solid safety performance at the personal and professional level.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with defensive driving skills.
Applicants with the requisite skills & qualifications are to apply to the address below not later than 10th August 2018:
The Human Resources Manager Chirano Gold Mines Limited P. O. Box 57 Bibiani
Applicants are to indicate ONLY the position in the subject area when applying online.