Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and have mines and projects in the United States,Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 6,000 people worldwide.
Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work,and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate.
At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate. Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us.
Job Title: Reliability Engineer
Reliability Engineer will become involved in the collection, analysis and interpretation of equipment performance data across all process Plant, HME and other CGML work areas. The position will take ownership of equipment maintenance strategies and manage condition monitoring programs. The position interacts extensively with internal and external parties, including Maintenance, Operations and Technical Services groups as well as supplies authorities and statutory bodies. The reliability Engineer will contribute to the development of the annual maintenance operational and sustaining capital budget.
- Actively promote Safety culture and hazard awareness.
- Maintain production goals and objectives as a team.
- Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance, ensures safety at each work place.
- Practice and promote Company environmental, health, safety and operational policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in CGML Continuous Improvement program.
- Report all accidents, unsafe positions, defected equipment and safety complaints from his department to HSE representative.
- Commitment to investigate, represent and provide technical reports for any incidents
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis of failures when required.
- Responsible for the effectiveness of equipment maintenance strategies including regular auditing and maintenance.
- Ensure relevant maintenance data is being collected, analyzed and interpreted to identify opportunities to improve reliability and maintainability of plant.
- Report equipment reliability KPIs
- Ensure equipment failures and investigated and resulting recommendations implemented.
- Ensure condition monitoring program (vibe, oil, IR, NDT, etc.) are established for critical equipment and program is efficiency and effectively managed.
- Ensuring safe work procedures are in place for all condition monitoring works.
- Provide technical support to the supervisors, trades, senior maintenance coordinators and other maintenance personnel in the resolution of technical engineering issues
- Manage the reliability services agreements
- Championing the site reliability education and awareness programs.
- Ensure equipment statutory certification is up to date and be owner of Equipment Certification Register
- Work closely with Maintenance and Operations teams to review areas of opportunity
- Prepare the objectives and performance goals of the Reliability Team and clearly communicate
- Establish work systems and procedures to ensure that equipment performance monitoring requirements are met for the ongoing operation and maintenance of all equipment in the process plant and associated areas
- Establish work systems and procedures to ensure relevant maintenance data is being collected, analysed and interpreted to identify opportunities to improve reliability and maintainability of plant
- Establish work procedures and training packages for all process personnel in reliability tools such as root cause failure investigation, hydro carbon health, basic machine principles, etc.
- Train and develop direct reports including individual development plans well communicated to each individual.
- Provide regular feedback communication to employees and promote team approach
- Establish a focus within the Process Plant area towards continuous improvement.
- Facilitate effective communication throughout all levels of the CGML work areas in such a way that procedures, programs, KPI’s, initiatives and controls can be discussed
- Deal with human resources, equipment and materials, and complying with the Company’s objectives and policies, as well as safety and environmental protection policies within a legal framework
- Provide technical support to the supervisors, trades and other maintenance personnel in the resolution of technical equipment issues
- Provide technical impute and support on the resolution of equipment warranty issues
- Develop close working relationships with equipment vendors and manage their input into the optimization of equipment performance
- Other duties as reasonable assigned
Required Skills or Experience
- BSc. Electrical, Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering, 2 years relevant experience
- Must have a 5 – 10 years’ experience in mining maintenance field
- Extensive knowledge of site safety, health and environmental regulations as they pertain to the mine maintenance
- Has the skill of quality job execution, and able to plan jobs in coordination with colleagues and other Departments
- Well-developed English oral, written communications and report writing skills
- Significant reliability experience with in large scale complex processing plant or heavy industry
- Proven ability to successfully develop and manage a team working environment and communicate effectively
- Ability to lead work teams and apply analytical think in problem solving
- Self-motivated, dynamic, organized, disciplines and responsible
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously and work under pressure is essential
- Ability to implement continuous improvement plan
- Must be a computer literate – MS Office Suite
- Experience in JDE or other CMMS
- Must be able to apply standards, policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
- Possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with good and defensive driving skills.
How To Apply
Applicants are to submit their CVs and copies of relevant certificates to the address below not later than 20th January, 2019.
The Human Resources Manager Chirano Gold Mines Limited P. O. Box 57 Bibiani
Applicants are to indicate ONLY the position in the subject area when applying online.