Posted on :
23 Mar, 2023
23 Mar, 2023
The Governing Council of the Christ Apostolic University College (CAUC) invites applications from qualified and competent persons for the position of Vice President.
Job Title: Vice President
The CAUC is an academic institution established on Christian principles. Persons applying should be Christians with high moral values taking into consideration the University’s mission of Integrity, Ethical and Excellence.
The Position/ Functions
• The Vice President is, under the direction of the University Council, the Academic and Administrative heads, as well as the Chief Disciplinary Officer of the University College.
• He/She is also for maintaining and promoting the good order and efficiency of the University College.
• His/Her other functions are prescribed by the Statutes of the University College and are directed by the President.
Qualification Required & Experience
• The person must be of a Professorial rank or a Senior Lecturer with PhD with extensive research and administrative leadership in both qualifications.
• He/She must be an individual of stature and integrity with exemplary leadership, a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, zeal and energy needed to carry out the University College’s mission and vision.
Applicants must also show evidence of the following qualities:
• Experience in university governance.
• Clear understanding/ appreciation of challenges facing private tertiary education in Ghana.
• Ability to foster and promote good internal and external relations of the University College.
• Ability to project effectively the image of the University College nationally and internationally.
• Capacity to provide strong, visionary leadership and innovation for the University College.
• Fundraising capabilities
• Track record of initiating, leading and managing change.
Tenure of Office
The appointment, which is a contract appointment, shall be for three (3) years in the first instance and may be renewed for up to three (3) years after evaluation of performance.
Conditions of Service
• Desirable negotiable terms and conditions of service.
• The terms and conditions will be specified in the instrument of appointment.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons should submit the following documents:
• Curriculum Vitae
• A vision statement of a maximum of 5 pages (A4size, font 12 Times New Roman, Normal Margins) outlining how the applicant will respond to CAUC’S Vision and Mission as well as its opportunities and challenges during his/her tenure as Vice President.
The cover letter should be addressed and submitted to:
c/o The Registrar Search Committee
Christ Apostolic University College
(To be delivered by hand or FEDEX/EMS or online: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should request three (3) referees, cited in their CVs, to submit reports on them directly to the above address via email:
Closing Date: 30 April 2023
Please note that only short-listed applications will be invited for interviews.