Our Client is a high-growth startup and a market leader in building innovative and user-friendly financial products and services accessible to the unbanked in West Africa and beyond. They are seeking an experienced Product Manager to lead the product development strategy. As a vital team member, you’ll be responsible for defining and delivering our end-to-end product experience, working with company leadership, engineers, and UX designers to achieve exceptional business results while creating products that delight our users and allow them to achieve their financial goals. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, strong product design vision, and robust data analysis skills and be passionate about making an impact at a growing company with a vital social mission.
Job Title: Product Manager
- Develop a fintech product strategy and roadmap that drives impact and ROI with a strong focus on regional financial ecosystems, user research, and quantitative data
- Analyze market and competitive data to create products to match and surpass current industry standards
- Cultivate a deep understanding of BezoMoney’s user segments and market opportunities in various regions
- Define the product vision, product roadmap, and product positioning
- Build business cases and drive outcome-oriented product prioritization decisions with a strong UX focus
- Deliver precise product specs/requirements
- Communicate product vision to the sales and product marketing teams to enhance go-to-market strategy and expand market share
- Collaborate with design and engineering teams to create wireframes, inform experience design, define user requirements, optimize products, and achieve robust engagement growth
- Agile product development execution
- Balance the needs of the customers and limitations defined by stakeholders
- Gather customer feedback to further improve the product and optimize the product through hypothesis testing and data analysis
- Define product success metrics and be responsible for the measurement, monitoring, and success of those metrics
- Oversee products throughout the product life cycle
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, or a combination of relevant education, experience, and training.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience working as a product manager on Agile development teams developing global digital products and delivering meaningful business results, preferably within the financial technology domain.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving proficiencies.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal/presentation, with the ability to speak to technical and non-technical audiences and manage through influence.
- Sound organizational skills with proven experience meeting firm deadlines and competing priorities.
- Ability to write product specifications and understand design concepts and principles.
- Naturally collaborative and supportive
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with distributed global teams.