The (TCCBCGL) was formed from a divestiture of Bottling Division of G.N.T.C in March 1995 and started operations on March 7, 1995 at the GNTC plant at Adjabeng. The new premises sited off the Spintex Road, was commissioned in 1996. Since the divestiture, the Company has invested over US$90 million in vehicles, glass bottles, plastic bottles, plastic crates, production and marketing equipment. In 1999, the Company embarked on an expansion phase, adding a second bottling line with associated infrastructure. The Company produces and markets seven main brands, five carbonated soft drinks and two water brands. The carbonated soft drinks include; Coca Cola, Fanta, Sprite, Schweppes and Krest. Dasani and BonAqua are the two water brands.
Conrad-Van-Niekerk : Our vision is to create a company that does good things for people and gives its employees a fair opportunity to progress and prosper while delivering superior returns to shareholders.
Job Title: Commercial Manager
- Develop a Commercial Leadership strategy for the Equatorial Africa Cluster in line with Strategy Business Plan and Franchise Development Plan (FDP) imperatives to maximize profitability anchored on Occasions, Brands, Packs, Pricing and Channels. Ensure this strategy takes into account Business Unit and Bottler stakeholder by alignment throughout the process and inspiring system passion for the co-created strategic direction. Ensure that a value-based dialogue permeates the cluster thereby to achieve its Revenue, volume and PBT objectives.
- Developing and deploying a framework for Bottler Commercial capability assessment and training interventions aimed at ensuring that the Bottler Commercial Capability in optimized to achieve the franchise business objectives
- Driving RED & SFE ensuring the integrity of the process, analysis and development of actionable insights for the Country teams to execute
- Performance management on the winning score card, ensuring that the business is empowered with the right information to improve on numeric and weighted distribution, while reducing the OOS position across the top 10 SKU’s in the business
- Importing commercial best practices from Group and Corporate that are applicable to the franchise and implementing the same with Bottling partners
- Sharing best practices with Bottlers and associates in the franchise
Function Specific Activities
KEY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:Briefly describe the primary duties/responsibilities of your job in 5-8 bullet points. Please list these duties in order of importance and include the percentage of time spent or required for each activity.
- Provide input for to implement the Strategic BP (3 year BP) for assigned geography
- Develop and execute annual BP drive windows initiatives, including new product launch with Bottler
- Develop and execute annual Customer and Commercial Business Plans where appropriate
- Lead the development of the Commercial strategy for the cluster within the Franchise
- Developing strategy and programs to increase consumption in profitable consumption occasions with particular emphasis on Immediate Consumption (IC).
- Develop and implement an Immediate Consumption package strategy that drives clear IC growth and contribution ahead of FC packages. This strategy should take into account new pack innovation and its impact on production capability, capacity, Capex requirements and ROIC.
- Develop and execute operational elements of agreed brand / price / pack / channel plans
- Jointly with FU, drives implementation, piloting initiatives with Bottlers
- Follows-through on implementation of agreed plans
Bottler Commercial Capability
- Drive and facilitate joint KO/Bottler assessments and implementation of solutions, in conjunction with Franchise teams. Lead capability assessments with the bottler, identify gaps and make recommendations on relevant interventions
- Develop and deploy a framework for Bottler Commercial capability assessment and training interventions e.g. – Collaboration for Value, RED, SFE, RTM etc.
- Develop champions within Bottling system to ensure they are equipped to conduct the necessary programs within their operations
- Generally ensure that the Bottler Commercial Capability in optimized to achieve the franchise business objectives
Drive RTM, RED & SFE Programs
- Ensure RTM capability efficiencies, outlet execution and expansion benchmarks and objectives are set and met through the execution of the BP
- Driving RED ensuring the integrity of the process, analysis and development of actionable insights for the Country teams to execute.
- Develop a capability building curriculum that will assist bottler staff with the heightened demands that the RTM, RED & SFE process requires. Align the sales force remuneration systems with bottler management teams in order to ensure that correct behavior is driven at an outlet execution level.
Performance Management – Scorecard
- Has full responsibility to drive performance management on the winning score card, ensuring that the business is empowered with the right information to improve on numeric and weighted distribution, while reducing the OOS position across the top 10 SKU’s in the business
- Develop metrics and tracking mechanisms to monitor progress of on-going RGM strategies in key markets
- Effectively manage relationships with country teams and bottler teams
Best Practice Sharing
- Leveraging best practices, developing new thinking
- Import commercial best practices from Group and Corporate that are applicable to the franchise and implementing the same with Bottling partners
- Effectively engage relevant stakeholders to put into action best practice
ORGANIZATION IMPACT/ INFLUENCE: Indicate the nature and level of your contacts within and outside the Company, as well as the nature and purpose of the interaction.Within The Company
- Franchise Manager _System Capability
- Peer associates within C&CL, People functions etc.(collaboration)
Outside The Company
- Bottler Middle Management and at times Senior Local Management (Gain commitment to Commercial Capability
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: List the number, if any, and type (full-time, part-time, contract) of your direct reports; indicate the extent of your involvement in supervision including hiring, conducting performance reviews, and terminations as well as team leadership, coordination of work assignments and other indirect supervision. Please attach a copy of your current organization chart, if available.None
RELATED JOB REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS: List the competencies needed to successfully perform your job, including the number of years and type of previous work experience. Please do not describe your own skills and experience, rather it should be the minimum amount required to perform the job.
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational Improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
- Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
- Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others’ energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
- Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments.
- Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
- Lives the Values: Demonstrates the values of The Coca-Cola Company through words, actions, and by example; fosters an environment that reflects the values of the company.
- 5-7 years business experience
- At least 5 years relevant commercial experience.
- Good knowledge of category management principles
- Strong knowledge of OBPPC and relevant analytical tools e.g. conjoint.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Indicate the minimum education level required to perform the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA Preferred)
CULTURAL DIVERSITY: Please describe any language, ethnic or culture differences you face in your job. List any supervisory or Company spokesperson responsibilities you may have
Responsibility And Interaction With
- 6 Countries with population comprising vastly different cultures and languages
- English as Primary Language
ANALYSIS: Describe the types of problems you must solve to successfully perform your job. Is the process well defined, or must you develop new approaches to solve these problems?
- Priority setting within expanded framework of responsibilities
- Agility, Rapid execution of decisions through internal management process
- Need to maximize efficiencies, decision making and learning vertically within the KO and Bottler Partner System structures and horizontally across markets
- Alignment of System Partner and KO planning priorities and timing
JUDGEMENT AND DECISION MAKING: Describe the nature and impact of decisions required in your job. Distinguish between recommendations you make to someone else and decisions where you have final authority. Indicate your involvement (if any) with ABP and OBP development and execution.
- The Commercial Manager is responsible primarily for the development and execution of commercial projects within the franchise
WORKING CONDITIONS: Describe the risk of exposure to hazards in performing your job, and the types of hazards you face.
- Significant travel within the Cluster and the Region is required.
- Good working conditions
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Indicate the annual percent of time that your job requires overnight travel or day trips. Please include the nature and geographic scope of your travel requirementsMaximum 40% of time as biggest operations are in Ghana
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Please provide any additional information that you did not include in any of the above sections that would aid in ensuring that this job description represents an accurate and complete picture of the job.Location: Accra, Ghana
Years of Experience:Leadership Behaviors
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.