Performs regular, more complex event services support, space planning and furniture arrangement, and preventative building maintenance tasks, as well as general duties such as painting, light bulb replacements, electrical, plumbing, and limited vehicle maintenance. Works independently on building maintenance and repair tasks and handles customer service requests in a quick, courteous, and professional manner. May coach and oversee the work of other technicians.
Job Title: Facilities Technician
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ’s mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Performs facilities management such as maintenance, repairs, meetings with key vendors of services,etc.
- Takes care of office inventory such as management of assets/inventory schedule for the office, PPE management, etc.
- Oversees event set up, hiring of logistics, and managing conference rooms.
- Works with office security for office lock up and CCTV camera reports.
- Implements health and safety aspects of the office such as fire drills, lifts, CPR and first-aid classes, aerobics classes, etc.
- Manages project plans for facilitating movement and travels to and inspects project sites.
- Administers Compassion International Ghana’s legal documentation (Social Welfare, Registrar General, etc.).
- Oversees business continuity such as business preparedness and disaster recovery.
- Manages the overall appearance and cleanliness of the building on a daily basis. This may include tasks such as trash removal and exterior building upkeep and maintenance of the grounds. Ensures the external areas are free from hazards and obstructions.
- Mature Christian person based on evangelical Christian values; has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is above reproach in integrity and honesty.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Higher National Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience working in a facilities maintenance, electro-mechanical repair, or skilled craft position.
- Excellent report writing and leadership skills.
- Ability to solve problems in straightforward situations and analyze possible solutions using technical experience and good judgment.
Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: Up to 10% travel.