This senior manager is a member of the National Management Leadership team and provides leadership for all the work with local churches of the National Office/geography as it works to build the ownership, capacity, and resources of local churches to effectively minister to children and youth in their context.
The incumbent collaborates with the National Director and peer managers for effective functioning of church-facing teams. He/she leads the development and implementation of the Partnership and Growth Strategy that contributes to partner maturity and high quality programs. Leads implementation of the Partnership Management core process. The primary purpose of this position is to provide direction through subordinate managers and staff, including hiring, discipline, and termination, as well as, coaching, performance management, assigning, checking, and approving work to achieve global strategies and objectives. The incumbent collaborates with other senior leaders and contributes to the development of functional strategy and makes decisions based on operational strategy and priorities.
Job Title: Senior Manager of Partnership
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
- Provides leadership and development to direct reports. Works with staff to foster an environment of professional growth, in alignment with compassion’s strategies and objectives. Consult with peer management and senior leaders to successfully align departmental resources and priorities across Compassion.
- Contributes to or prepares and administers the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Selects, manages and develops assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Leads direct reports and their assigned staff to be an effective part of church facing teams. Collaborates with peer managers to plan the timing and implementation of National initiatives and changes that will impact the church. Collaborates with peer managers to create guidelines for communication and escalation of issues within church facing teams. Makes their team’s work and plans visible to other teams or departments.
- Serves as a member of the National Leadership Team. Collaborates and coordinates with National Leadership team, regional office counterparts, and where appropriate global counterparts to successfully align work with priorities across the National Office and Compassion. Works closely with the National Leadership Team in higher level direction-setting and decision-making applicable across all of the work in the country.
- Demonstrates to team members a personal commitment to serve, respect, and empower the church according to principles and commitments outlined in Compassion’s ministry philosophies. Builds a team that demonstrates the same commitment.
- Collaborates closely with Program Support and Business Support to address program design issues as well as plan the needed levels of technical expertise, support and training for Partners within the geography. Ensures proper implementation of country-defined aspects of program and processes needed to support the local church’s ministry to children and youth.
- Leads development and implementation of the Partnership and Growth Strategy of the national office. This includes clearly identifying sub-regions in which to grow and phase out clusters within the country, ensuring capacity and direction for effective pre-partnership preparation and selection, developing the maturity of existing partners, increasing local resource mobilization, and managing overall growth/reduction of child registrations in a way that enhances the long-term self-sufficiency of the church.
- Leads all church-facing team staff in the country to ensure effective integration of the global Partnership Certification training and required tools.
- Directs all church partners in the country to implement the Partnership Management core process with special attention given to ongoing monitoring and evaluation of performance metrics. Approves national level-defined changes to the process and recommends changes to the global process as appropriate.
- Represents Compassion with denominational, governmental and other organizational bodies as delegated by the National Director. Promotes and authorizes alliances with such organizations at the national level that increase opportunities for church partner resource mobilization.
- Ensures that all Compassion commitments to the church are met, and that church partners address all operational and supporter engagement commitments.
- Models effective collaboration with Program Support to ensure child protection standards are met
- Ensures staff and key stakeholders understand the child protection implications of lead and partner development processes
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences
- A Masters’ Degree will be an added advantage
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience for Bachelor Degree holders and 7 years’ relevant experience for Masters’ Degree holders
Licenses and Certifications
- Certification from a nationally or internationally recognized organization in a related field.
*Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above