Posted on :
19 Jun, 2020
19 Jun, 2020
Zelco Engineering Services Ltd. is an engineering service company providing support to the extractive industry including oil and gas and mining sectors. Zelco boasts of expertise gathered from global hands-on experience both from operator and main contractor perspective. Our network of both local and international engineers puts us up as a viable choice.
Job Title: Consultant- Pipe Stress & Pressure Vessel Design
The work is varied and may include some or all the responsibilities mentioned below:
· Mechanical design and structural analysis of pressure vessels and piping systems.
· Preparation of conceptual and detail design packages, including optioneering, design development, concept evaluation.
· Design by rule scoping calculations including calculation of pressure thickness, nozzle reinforcement, etc.
· Equipment sizing, selection (including material selection) and procurement.
· Piping, pipe support and piping layout design.
· Production of manufacturing packages, coordination with manufacturer/contractor, review of vendor drawings/documents.
· Preparing conceptual and detailed equipment & piping layouts, piping isometrics.
· Production of deliverables such as design definition and substantiation documents, detailed equipment specifications, pipe material specifications, system performance test specifications.
· Design of pipe supports & spring supports, performing flexibility analysis.
· Operational design support, failure investigations and condition assessment.
· Liaising with all stakeholders and responsible for all technical issues related to their area of specialisation; Co-ordination with other discipline specialists where areas interface or overlap exist.
· Witness pre-commissioning/commissioning activities by the contractor/vendor and produce/review all relevant documentation.
Candidate should possess the following qualifications, skills and experience.
· Degree in Mechanical/Chemical or relevant engineering.
· Above 7 years of experience in Power, Oil & Gas Mining or other highly regulated industrial environment preferred.
· Design experience in piping, pipe support and pipe layout.
· Experience in mechanical design and assessment.
· Proficiency in static, dynamic and thermal stress analysis.
· Exposure to piping fabrication, installation, testing.
· Demonstrable knowledge of design projects, or relevant experience/knowledge of process plant operations is desirable.
· Experienced with analysis software such as Abaqus, CAESAR II, Autopipe, Pipestress, Abaqus, STAAD or RSTAB. Proficiency in software tools like CAEPIPE, AutoCAD; knowledge of PDS, PDMS and other equipment design platforms highly desirable.
· A good understanding and experience working on specification of equipment such as pumps, valves, steam traps etc.
· Knowledge of material selection.
· Understanding of other relevant engineering disciplines.
· Familiar with international design codes and standards (such as: ASME BPVC Section III, RCC-M, ASME B31.1,BS EN 13480 and BS EN13445) and recommended practices pertaining to mechanical design, fabrication, installation, inspection, testing, quality assurance and quality control etc.
· Ability to work independently or as part of team, flexible attitude to the type of work and the level of responsibility accepted.
· Proven computer aptitude, and expertise in MS office.
· Experience or exposure to project management principles desirable.
· Ability to understand and define client’s requirements, plan & schedule deliverables, timelines.
· Proven strong problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with a proven ability to write accurate, detailed and concise technical reports (e.g. design substantiations, basis of analysis, safety case support references).
Closing Date : 16 July, 2020