We are looking for a dedicated Production Manager in the paint industry with a minimum experience of 3 years. He/she will be responsible for the processes, formulations, and overall workflow that are essentials in paint manufacturing business to ensure product quality and safety.
Job Title: Production Manager
The Manager’s duties include:
- Preparing paint batches.
- Analyzing raw materials.
- Conducting QC tests.
- Research and development.
- Explore ways to improve products, processes, and equipment.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Independently plan and execute laboratory work in support of customers’ requests, new product launches, quality complaints and assessment of competitive materials as assigned.
- Evaluating and ensuring compliance with manufacturing plant’s safety procedures and standards. This includes inspection, audit, training, and accident/incident reporting.
- Supervise daily activities of production area. Co-ordinate work schedules, staff requirements, and production sequences to maximize productivity.
- Support new product application, equipment, and development.
- Maintaining laboratory instruments, troubleshooting malfunctions, and purchasing new laboratory supplies.
- Writing technical papers and reports, and preparing standards and specifications for processes, tests, and products.
- Assist/Conduct investigations of product & process problems related to raw materials and procedure upsets.
- Actively participate in implementing strategies and policies, which constantly improve the day-to-day and long-term operation. Provide input into decisions regarding direction, training, goal setting, corrective action, and other administrative functions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field.
- Knowledge in handling quality control. Performs product testing, evaluation and able to give QC adjustments.
- Familiar with tinting paint and coating applications. Use visual color evaluation techniques, spectrophotometer, and software to verify color accuracy. Interpret data using programs such as Datacolor, X-rite, or BYK-mac i.
- Experience in laboratory work and in scientific research and development.
- Must be a self-starter, and able to work independently, as well as be a team player.
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Ability to direct and motivate employees.
- Good presentation, documentation, and reporting skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.