Create Change Ghana (CCG) is focused on educating girls and increasing women’s leadership in an effort to empower people in Ghana’s Northern region. The non-governmental organization is searching for a new Program Director to lead it into a new phase of growth.
The successful candidate will join a small team in Tamale, Northern Ghana. Founded in 2007 by its Canadian partner Create Change Foundation, Create Change Ghana is focused on empowering girls to create innovative social change in the area of education, leadership, and social enterprise.
Our vision is to support girls through their education, so they can gain the necessary experience to one day manage the organization’s social programs and enterprises. Already many of our staff members are sponsored student alumni.
CCG is expecting exponential growth in 2018. We are looking for a leader who can effectively manage our new developments and ensure we become a more efficient organization, a better partner, and a leader in our field in terms of sustainability and innovative approaches to empowering people.
Job Title: Program Director
The Program Director as part of our Northern Ghana team will take a leading role in overseeing CCG’s social programs and corresponding social enterprises. To achieve our ambitious goals in the areas of the enterprise, education, and girls’ leadership, the Program Director will work with all stakeholders to lead the organization to become 100% self-sufficient within a five-year period.
CCG’s new Program Director will lead the transformation of the organization to a new operating model that focuses on the inclusion of girls in innovative strategies that effect sustainable change.
We are looking for a candidate that has vast experience in implementing social programs in schools and communities and has a demonstrated successful business background.
Our new Program Director must be committed to advocating for Ghana’s poor, and must shy away from bureaucracy and on spending that does not help to impact the people we work to serve. He or she will be excited about the opportunity to implement a new, more innovative, and empowering approach to development and social change.
The position will start in January 2019.
- Coordination and Supervision – Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments in the organization. Develop and maintain efficient and effective operating systems that ensure compliance.
- Financial – Review financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to improve efficiency. Assist the Finance & Admin Department to prepare and control operational budgets, control inventory and recommend effective strategies for the financial well-being of CCG.
- Best Practices – Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Human Resources – Working with the ED plan the use of human resources. Assist in recruitment, placement and training of required staff; establishment of organizational structure; delegation of tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance in partnership with the ED.
- Data Collection, Analysis and Impact Reporting – Ensure all departments are regularly measuring their social impact through data collection and analysis and regular impact reporting.
- Curriculum Design and Implementation – Ensure staff are creating effective curriculum for both training and education related programs, and effectively implementing these curriculums.
- Communication – Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Accounts and Finance. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Strategic Input – Liaise with the Board and Executive Director of Create Change Canada. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
- Risk Management – Oversee organizational policies in all areas of the organization.
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s degree in a related field with 3+ years of experience in an NGO or Bachelor’s degree with 5+ year experience in an NGO
- Ideal candidates must have a minimum 3 years of private sector experience in business
- Proven work experience as program director or equivalent position
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Budget development and supervision experience
- Working knowledge of budgets , forecasting and metrics
- Familiarity with business and financial management principles and practices
- Experience developing marketing and sales plans and strategies
- Experience building personal networks resulting in new opportunities for the organization
- Experience with monitoring & evaluation and impact reporting
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, and defining a clear way forward
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and a collaborative management style
- Has a background in building, leading a team with different backgrounds and expertise
- Experience leading change in an organization which has led to considerable results for the organization
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook
- Commitment to social justice and Create Change Ghana’s mission commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace
- Experience and knowledge of Northern Ghana preferred
- Must be fluent in English
- Fluency in Dagbani is an asset
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter of no more than two pages and CV by Tuesday 20 November 2018 at 17:00 to [email protected]
Late applications will not be accepted.
Unfortunately due to the large number of applicants, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted