Create Change Ghana (CCG) is focused on educating girls and increasing women’s leadership in an effort to empower people in Ghana’s Northern region. The non-governmental organization is searching for a new Program Director to lead it into a new phase of growth.
Our vision is to support girls through their education, so they can gain the necessary experience to one day manage the organization’s social programs and enterprises. Already many of our staff members are sponsored student alumni.
Job Title: Finance & Administration Officer
The non- governmental organization is searching for a new Finance & Administration Officer to support it as it enters into a new phase of growth.
The successful candidate will join a small team in Tamale, Northern Ghana. Founded in 2007 by its Canadian partner Create Change Foundation, Create Change Ghana is focused on empowering girls to create innovative social change in the area of education, leadership, and social enterprise. Our vision is to support girls through their education, so they can gain the necessary experience to one day manage the organization’s social programs and enterprises. Already many of our staff members are sponsored student alumni.
We are looking for a Finance and Administration Officer with the focus and energy to design and manage the accounting system for both Create Change’s programs and its corresponding social enterprises.
The Finance & Administration Officer, as part of our Northern Ghana team will take a leading role in managing the finances of CCG’s social programs and corresponding social enterprises.
- Manage financial and administration team to achieve the organisation’s financial goals.
- Develop the overall corporate financial goals and objectives.
- Oversee preparation of financial records related to general ledger, payroll, budget, expense, etc.
- Assist in account receivable and payable activities
- Maintain accurate bank records of cash withdrawals and deposits.
- Follow standard accounting process for financial analysis and reporting activities.
- Evaluate existing accounting system and recommend improvements if required.
- Assist in developing and managing budgeting system.
- Perform account reconciliations and generate financial reports.
- Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related problems.
- Initiate orientation and training programs for finance and administration team members.
- Track and monitor resource needs and other material needs for carrying out financial and administration tasks.
- Monitor and manage expenses within allotted budgets.
- Plan strategically for the present and future cash flow for the Programs and social enterprises
- Deal with all the statutory bodies in order to mitigate litigation for the organization
- Ensure that there is proper and adequate accounting system which will make room for expansion of the social enterprises and programs through financial modeling
- Plan and promote a value chain system in the various programs
- Design and oversee inventory systems, and ensure efficient and effective use of materials in all Create Change social enterprises
- Handle and report administrative and financial issues to the Program Director
- Manage all other related financial or administrative issues which may be directed by the Program Director.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum qualification of a first degree in finance, Bachelor of commerce or Business administration( Accounting Option)
- At least five years working experience in a related field
- Computer literate with proficiency in excel, word and powerpoint
- Must be proficient with at least 4 years experience with QuickBooks
- A Professional qualification (ICA part 2, CIMA part 2, ACCA part 2, CIM part 2 etc.) will be considered an advantage
- Strong business development skills and experience, with the ability to work to achieve targets and take full ownership of projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in relation to both colleagues and clients, customers and partners.
- Good organizational, administration and time management skills
- Strong account management skills, including the ability to provide leadership and management on new and existing accounts, and set and maintain within budgets
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and able to meet deadlines.
- Keen to work as an integral part of a small organization whilst managing individual workload to achieve results.
- An understanding of, and commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity.
- Understanding of and commitment to the values of the social enterprise sector.
- Stock and inventory control techniques
- A proactive and positive work ethic with strong team-working skills
- Creative, enthusiastic and determined to produce high quality work
- Reliable, responsive and able to prioritize
- Able to contribute your ideas and respond to feedback
- A positive spirit who is keen to learn new things and develop further
- Must be fluent in English
- Fluency in Dagbani will be considered an asset
How to Apply
- Please submit a cover letter of no more than 1 page and CV by Wednesday 3rd April, 2019 at 17:00 to [email protected]
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Unfortunately due to the large number of applicants, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted