Posted on :
5 Feb, 2014
5 Feb, 2014
Create Change Organization is focused on educating girls and increasing women’s leadership in an effort to empower people in Ghana’s Northern region. The non-governmental organization is searching for a new Country Director to lead it into a new phase of growth.
The successful candidate will join a small team in Tamale, Northern Ghana. Founded in 2007 by its Canadian partner Create Change Foundation, Ghana’s Create Change Organisation is focused on empowering girls to create innovative social change in the area of education, clean water, and business. Our vision is to support girls through their education, so they can gain the necessary experience to one day manage the organization’s social programs and enterprises.
THE COUNTRY DIRECTOR POSITION
The Country Director of our Northern Ghana team will be responsible for CCO’s social programs and corresponding social enterprises. To achieve our ambitious goals in the areas of enterprise, education, and clean water, the Country Directorwill work with all stake-holders lo lead the organization to become self-sufficient within a five-year period.
CCO’s new Country Director will lead the transformation of the organization to a new operating model that focuses on the inclusion of girls in innovative strategies that effect sustainable change. He or she will be excited about the opportunity to implement a new, more innovative. and empowering approach to development and social change.
• Define & implement our new operating model in collaboration with its funding partner Create Change Foundation in Canada
• Ensure sponsored girls are included in every aspect of programming where it benefits both girls and the organization
• Increase our impact through innovative strategy and effective monitoring and evaluation
• Engage staff, partners & stakeholders to create shared ownership and collaboration
• Create an environment of continuous learning and growth, where staff is continuously motivated and held accountable
• Develop and maintain efficient and effective operating systems that ensure compliance Develop business concepts and strategies with the aim of creating successful enterprises that work to benefit the poor
• Create employment opportunities for sponsored girls and relevant community members whenever possible.
• Consider both social impacts and fundraising goals in all enterprise related decisions
• Establish and improve our community and networks so we can grow our enterprises and increase our impact.
• Support the growth of programs to become internationally recognized for their commitment to including girls and promoting sustainability.
• Ensure that CCO’s mission and values are respected in all aspects of its operation
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in a related field with 5+ years experience in an NOO or international organization
• Ideal candidates must have a minimum 5 years of private sector experience in business or social enterprise
• Has a background in building, leading and developing a team with different backgrounds and expertise
• Experience leading change in an organisation which has led to considerableresults for the organization
• A strong business background with experience developing concepts, strategies, business plans and their launch
• Experience building personal networks at a senior level resulting in new opportunities tor the organization
• Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, and defining a clear way forward
• Good understanding of program, financial and operational management processes
• Commitment to Create Change Organisation values and approach
• Experience and knowledge of Northern Ghana preferred
• Must be fluent in English
• Fluency in Daghani is an asset
• WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
• A natural born leader
• Ready to lake on an ambitious goal
• Tends to think outside the box
• A strategic thinker who doesn’t fear hard work
• Business minded
• Loves bringing out the best in others
• An authentic relationship builder
• Understands challenges in the education and water sector
• Believes in the power of equality
How To Apply For The Job
To apply to Create Change Organisation’s Country Director position, please apply with your cover letter and CV online at:-
or send it to:-
P. O. Box TL 946,
Closing Date: 21 February, 2014
Only candidates that are being considered for the position will be contacted