Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, governance and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Job Title: Regional Recruiter
This position will be based in one of the countries that Creative has active projects in (Mali, Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Mozambique, Ethiopia). There is no relocation assistance with this position.
The Regional Recruiter will manage Creative Associate’s progressively regional talent strategy with respect to compensation, hiring, retention, employee development. The position will have a heavy emphasis on recruitment but will also support projects across Africa in areas of HR.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Regional Recruiter will report directly to the Headquarters-based Manager, International HR. This role will collaborate and interact regularly with Chiefs of Party and HQ program teams.
Regional HR Talent Management & Recruitment (40%)
- Work in partnership with project HR staff and managers and US hiring managers to attract key talent and acquire a highly talented and diverse workforce;
- Ensure transparent and legally compliant full-cycle recruitment process is in place for each project and is consistent with Creative hiring guidelines;
- Establish talent benches for Nigeria and other countries; and
- Provide regional surge recruitment as necessary.
Regional HR Business Development – Capture (40%)
- Full-cycle recruiting, including finding/sourcing, evaluating resumes, interviewing candidates (in-person or Skype), doing assessments, vetting, and make staffing recommendations;
- Ensure a consistent recruiting process including: interview panels; appropriate interviewing questions and maintenance of recruitment documents;
- Negotiate compensation and allowances; prepare contingent and live offers in coordination with the HQ Manager, International HR;
- Maintain networks in critical sectors to facilitate effective passive recruitment;
- Use traditional/non-traditional resources to identify and attract top candidates;
- Develop advertising programs (internal and external) to gain high visibility with potential candidates; and
- Consult with hiring managers on recruitment policies, ensuring compliance with RFP requirements, USAID and donor guidelines and Creative processes.
Regional Human Resources Operations & Capacity Building (20%)
- Identify, train and advise a capable Human Resources Professional in each field office to serve as the leader for Human Resources in the field office;
- Provide ongoing training and support to field office leaders and staff on HR recruitment;
- Provide project start-up and close-out support as needed;
- Ensure quality new hire orientations and on-boarding practices across the region that help integrate new hires successfully into Creative; develop materials that can be adapted for use in local hire orientations;
- Analyze regional trends and metrics in partnership with the HQ Manager, International HR to develop solutions, programs and policies;
- Oversee UltiPro data/employment administration processes to ensure data integrity;
- Mentor and coach local HR staff; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and six (6) years’ related HR experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and French including the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships;
- Experience managing recruitment efforts in Nigeria and multi-country practice, particularly in West Africa;
- Working knowledge of and experience in international, regional and national HR and recruitment;
- High degree of professionalism and discretion; culturally astute;
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized;
- Must work well under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Ability to work independently as well as perform in matrix organization;
- Must possess strong computer skills: ability to work with Microsoft Office product suite and HR systems (UltiPro a plus);
- Strong writing and presentation skills with ability to communicate well within and across diverse groups and perspectives; and
- Must have the ability and willingness to travel (up to 30%) throughout Africa in remote areas.