Crown Agents is a high impact social enterprise, passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is in finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. Drawing on our insight and experience, we work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change.
Job Title: Principal Procurement
We are excited to be recruiting for a Principal Procurement Specialist to support clients to deliver improved outcomes for citizens through world class interventions in procurement. The role will also contribute to the success of Crown Agents by delivering profitable business results and building our reputation as ‘go to’ provider for procurement solutions.
Reports to: Director, Procurement
Terms of Employment: Full Time Employment
Location: Accra, Ghana
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
- To manage and deliver existing procurement business in Ghana
- Identify and grow new procurement business in Ghana to assist in delivery of the annual
- financial target
- Provide technical procurement inputs to other corporate projects and business pursuits
- within West Africa and possibly further afield
- Be the corporate procurement advisor within West Africa
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB
As part of the Global Procurement Team of technical experts, and complying with all corporate policies and procedures, the jobholder will be required to undertake the following tasks:
Technical Delivery (approximately 50% of time)
Accountable primarily to the Director of Procurement:
- Deliver technical inputs on specified procurement consulting assignments within Ghana, specifically the Value for Money project undertaking procurement audits on behalf of the Ghana Government
- Deliver annual target for client billable days
- Provide technical procurement support (consulting and transactional) to other Crown Agents procurement work in West Africa
- Provide Quality Assurance/Peer Review support to other members of the Global Procurement Team in their technical outputs
- Prepare and deliver procurement training to external clients
- Purchase goods in compliance with Crown Agents’ procedures and standards of ethical procurement, donor guidelines and end user requirements.
Business development (approximately 20% of time)
Accountable to the Director of Procurement, the Regional Director for West Africa, and the Ghana Country Manager:
- Identify and win new procurement projects in Ghana, through a range of business development and marketing activities and initiatives, to expand the client portfolio within Ghana
- Maintaining existing corporate relationships with key customers
- Represent and promote Crown Agents at external events
- Provide procurement support to other Crown Agents offices in West Africa in the pursuit of new business
- Actively and regularly engage with multilateral and bilateral development partners in Ghana, and West Africa in general, to promote the Crown Agents brand and identify potential business opportunities
- Provide inputs to marketing and promotion material
- Prepare/contribute to submission of expressions of interest and formal proposals to potential clients
- Assist senior management in development of annual operating plans and strategies.
Management and Leadership (approximately 10% of time)
As a senior member of the Global Procurement Team:
- Provide mentoring and support to other members of the Global Procurement Team, as appropriate
- When acting as Project Manager on Procurement projects ensure:
- Contracted financial target are met or exceeded;
- Deliverables are produced on time and to the highest quality;
- Risks are mitigated and managed;
- Client and partner relationships are managed.
- Build compelling and consistent thought leadership in subject area.
Any other duties as appropriate to the position, as required by senior management.
Where applicable, the Job Holder shall undertake all procurement in compliance with Good Distribution Practice (GDP) in accordance with the provisions of our Wholesale Distribution Authorisation (Human) (WDA (H)) issued by the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) and our United Kingdom Controlled Drug Licence issued by the Home Office
KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A recognised professional procurement qualification, or
- A relevant post-graduate degree from a top-tier university, or
- Significant equivalent working experience
- Demonstrable relevant public or private sector experience in procurement
- in Ghana.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering technical procurement solutions
- Demonstrable experience in business development, planning and strategy
- Demonstrable experience working in complex and time-pressured contexts
- Previous experience in working as a consultant is desirable
How To Apply
Interested candidates should email their CV ad covering letter to [email protected]