Supporting the Regional finance Manager, West Africa the Finance and Administration Officer will ensure the timely and accurate reporting of monthly country and project financial and accounting information and will submit well-supported and authentic paperwork to back up the reporting. The Officer will also be responsible for general administrative support to the Crown Agents country office Ghana and project team, such as liaising with project partners and service providers, maintaining project documentation and monitoring the stock of project and office resources. In addition, the role will support other Crown Agents projects in West Africa as and when required. The Officer will report to the Country Director Ghana.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with receiving and record of all invoices in the Finance Office and preparation of vouchers with accurate backup documentation for approval;
- Maintain check book and bank balances on a weekly basis, or as needed;
- Maintain staff travel advances in accordance with WACSI guidelines and assure reconciliation of staff advances has sufficient documentation;
- Assist in preparing quarterly Financial reports for submission to Donors;
- Assist with the inputting of all project financial transactions in this system;
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of expenditure against budgets;
- Assist with the administration of staff payroll and initiate payments for all payroll liabilities;
- Maintain petty cash disbursement log, reimbursement requests, and all relevant receipts;
Management Accounting and payments
Capture and compile financial data using SUN accounting system. Record and monitor financial transactions to produce balance sheets, profit and loss accounts and other system generated reports
- Assist with the periodic review of personnel files to ensure completeness and follow up on actions required under guidance from the HRBP HQ;
- Assist with processing of consultant and personal service agreements in accordance with Crown Agents and donor regulations; assure agreement conditions are met deliverables certified by responsible staff before payment is made;
- Assist with the maintenance and update property records of the Business;
- Provide assistance with the coordination of activities related to travel and ensure compliance with funding regulations;
- Provide assistance with programme/project implementation logistics;
- Ensure that company adheres to health and safety policies as spelt out in the Labour Act 2003, Act 651.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of personal files for all staff.
- Maintenance of up to date filing system for all issues pertaining to the Office
- Management of an Office registry – mails, documents tracking etc.
- Responsible for all office procurement with the approval of the CEO or his/her representative.
- Ensure prompt payment of all utility bills i.e. Telephone, Water, Electricity
- Responsible for the daily task schedules of all support staff. (Office assistants, driver, dispatch rider, front desk, etc.).
- Support in the Preparation of annual budget for the Country Office
- Support in project finance and processing client’s invoice.
- Any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the Country Director, Regional Finance Manager and HRBP HQ.
- University degree in business administration, accounting or other relevant areas. ACCA/ICA level I certification will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of accounting system (existing knowledge of the SUN system will be an advantage)
- Proficiency in computer skills, spreadsheet, accounting packages especially (QuickBooks, Quicken, is a must have) communication packages and MS Word, Excel, Power Point is required;
- Typically you should have at least 5 years’ experience in similar position;
- Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills is necessary along with capacity to identify and articulate potential problems and provide possible solutions in concise and clear manner.
- Experience in working with international development partners, international nongovernmental organization (INGOs) and, or public sector is an asset.
- Demonstrate high level written and verbal communication skills in English
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy;
- Highly organized and flexible, and showing initiative;
- Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines;
- Must be self-directed and able to complete tasks with limited supervision
FUNCTION OF DEPARTMENT
The Finance and Administration Officer – Ghana role is located in Accra Ghana. Crown Agents Ghana Limited (CAGL) is a subsidiary of Crown Agents Group set up to facilitate trade within Ghana and to market and administer CA Group services in the country. The role will provide a complete accounting and financial management service to enable the Country Director and Regional Finance Manager meet statutory requirements and exercise effective financial control over the Crown Agents business.