Posted on :
22 Mar, 2017
22 Mar, 2017
The Ghana Council for Scientific and Industrial Research is a national scientific and technological institution mandated to carry out research into science and technology issues that pertain to national development. The CSIR was established in October 1968 and re-established in its present form by Council for Scientific and Industrial Research Ace, 1996. Act 521. By Act 52 l , the CSIR is required to promote, encourage and regulate research and the application of science and technology for national development. The Act further requires the CSIR to encourage and promote the commercialization of research results.
The mission of the CSIR is to become the force for accelerated social and economic development of Ghana through examining, exploring and creating Science and Technology catalysts for public and private wealth creation. From its Head Office in Accra, the CSIR oversees and coordinates the activities of thirteen (13) research institutes spread throughout the country. The Act is available on the CSIR website www.csir.org.gh.
Job Title: Director Of Internal Audit
The successful applicant will:
• Be responsible for all internal audit matters of the Council.
• Organise audit assignments for institutes of the council,
• Undertake special investigation at the request of Management and council,
• Prepare audit reports for attention of management,
• Provide support to the external auditors of council during annual audit,
• Supervise and train audit staff,
• Serve as Secretary to the Audit Report Implementation Committee of Council.
• The applicant must be 55 years or less.
• The position is for five (5) years in the first instance, and may be renewed subject to satisfactory performance on the job.
• The salary is attractive with fringe benefits.
Qualification Required & Experience
The ideal applicant must:
• Possess an MBA degree or its equivalent from a recognised institution with specialisation in Accounting or Finance.
• Have 12 years of post qualification experience in a reputable accounting or auditing firm or any other relevant institution, including at least five years of successful managerial experience in a top management position.
• Have attained a rank equal to that of Principal Internal Auditor in the CSIR or its equivalent in a relevant institution.
• Be a member of a relevant recognised professional body,
• Possess good interpersonal skills.
• Have experience with the use of Accounting Software
How to Apply
Interested applicants are to submit the following in addition to the application letter: Full Curriculum Vitae ,Names and Addresses of three (3) confidential referees. ,A 2-3 page Vision Statement for the advertised position.
Applications should be forwarded to the following address:
Council For Scientific And Industrial Research
P.O. Box M.32, Accra TEL. 133-0301-777940
Applications may also be brought personally to the CSIR Head Office, off Agostino Neto Road, Accra. (Opposite the Chinese Embassy)
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing Date: 21 April, 2017