Fantastic expat opportunity for an experienced Planning Manager for our expanding client based in Ghana.
Within the position, the ideal candidate would be directly in charge of the Terminal Planning, gate functions, and personnel. You would manage and supervise vessel, yard, berth planning activities and gate activities with due regard to safety, quality, productivity and optimum use of staff, equipment and space. All to be propelled by a continuous drive, that will assure a truly first class operation.
Job Title: Planning Manager – Port / Terminal, Ghana
The expat opportunity offers full benefits of furnished housing, car and driver, insurance, return family tickets, school fees, and generous annual leave.
- Manage, motivate and instruct all planning and gate team members
- Ensure that data quality used in the planning systems (Navis N4) always is of the highest integrity
- Administrate SPARCS regarding Operational settings and configurations.
- Maintain and enhance relationships and goodwill with departments, external/internal customers, and vendors. Advising, appraising, assisting, conferring and counseling with these on terminal issues and initiatives
- Provide regular process control checks and initiate and support performance improvement activities.
- Training of staff, performance reviews, and yearly appraisals
Background and experience required:
- Strong mastering and knowledge of Terminal Operating System Navis N4 (or similar) especially yard, vessel planning and Equipment Control, data reports
- Experienced in all aspects of container terminal operations and the importance of planning of vessel operations and terminal stowage
- Strong leadership experience with high drive and energy for fast, active environments
- Previous experience demonstrating strong customer and quality focus in a similar role
- Strong communication skills to communicate with various nationalities, creating a positive and open environment. Fluency in English is essential.
This is definitely not an opportunity to be missed.
To find out more or apply, send me your CV now!