Cummins is a global power leader that designs, manufactures, sells and services diesel and alternative fuel engines from 2.8 to 95 liters, diesel and alternative-fueled electrical generator sets from 2.5 to 3,500 kW, as well as related components and technology. Cummins serves its customers through its network of 600 company-owned and independent distributor facilities and more than 7,400 dealer locations in over 190 countries and territories.
Job Title: Service & Warranty Trainee
Overall control of service administration ensuring that all admin functions are in accordance with Cummins requirements.
- Be the frontline of service reception.
- -Develop positive relationships with key customers, assess customers’ needs, gather pertinent information, resolve customer concerns regarding Cummins or distributor warranties and explain charges to customers
- Manage all Service Jobs.- Responsible for opening jobs/work orders in RASCAL, preparing quotations for all relevant jobs and invoicing completed jobs.- All service labour hours, parts, travel, sundries, and buyouts should be accurately booked onto their respect jobs.- Provide timely response to all queries on job-related issues (quotes, invoices, etc.) to customers.- All service contract and parts consumption job LPOs should be received on time and respective jobs billed out before month end.
- Ensure all documentation is properly completed and managed per Quickserve recommendation.- Documentation includes completed service reports, Inspection forms, Labour time sheets, Job opening sheets, Service Advisor prompt sheets and Warranty claim forms.- Jobs should be properly filed and arranged by site and job numbers. Job cabinets should well label for easy identification.- Invoiced jobs should be arranged and filed per job numbers and adequately archived if necessary.
- Ensure proper job planning, monitoring and review is carried out in the branch.- Properly update job planning board.- Regular review of outstanding jobs with supervisors / managers.- Monitor progress of jobs and liaise with parts department on back ordered parts ETAs.- Liaise with supervisors/managers to ensure prompt response to the customer call.
- Ensure maximum warranty cost recovery is obtained for all warranty jobs.- Warranty jobs should be closed and claims submitted immediately after job completion.- Warranty job files should contain all the necessary documentation including proper troubleshooting information per Quickserve recommendation, completely filled service reports, DVs and completely filled warranty claim forms.- Liaise with DFSE and Service Manager / Supervisor to submit TSR on jobs that require prompt factory notification.
- Ensure KPIs for the branch are within targets.- KPIs include WIP, RECT, PIP, Labour Utilization, T/B Ratio, Technician Productivity, Labour Billing Efficiency, and Comeback.- Frequent meetings on KPIs should be carried out and minutes recorded in the branch to monitor and ensure improvement.
Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification in Engineering, management or related discipline.
Computer Literacy i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, -essential
Accuracy and ability to pay attention to details.
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Self-confidence and ability to handle pressure
Good organizational and administrative skills
Primary Location Ghana-Greater Accra-Accra-Ghana, Accra, Cummins Distributor
Job Type Internship
Recruitment Job Type Student – Internship
Job Posting May 8, 2017, 7:58:44 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 17000255