World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
Job Title: Campaigns Coordinator
World Vision International in Ghana is seeking a Campaigns Coordinator in Accra- Ghana.
Purpose of Position
- This position is designed to coordinate the design and implementation of campaigns at the local and national levels, build capacity of all stakeholders implement campaign interventions facilitate external engagements with key development partners, learning, documentation and ensuring linkages with national strategic objectives and Child Wellbeing reporting requirements.
- Provide leadership for Campaign strategies
- Lead the development and implementation of World Vision International in Ghana campaign on health, EVAC and other technical programmes.
- Review the National Office Strategy and policies to ensure that advocacy and campaign issues are embedded. Work closely with all technical programme Managers to ensure alignment with National Office strategy.
- Ensure that World Vision International in Ghana advocacy and campaign contribute to the achievement of the National Office’s Strategic Objectives.
- Coordinate and ensure synergy in all campaigns in the national office (WASH, Education, economic development and livelihood).
- In liaison with Child Protection and Advocacy Manager, mobilize supporters and develop policy statements that will contribute to the realization of World Vision International in Ghana’s Strategic objectives.
- In consultation with Child Protection and Advocacy (CP&A) Manager build the capability of staff at all levels in integrated advocacy and campaign programming.
- Build capacity of all technical leads to undertake policy analysis and develop policy products for their respective sectors in conjunction with the CP&A Manager.
- Build capacity of children, other vulnerable groups, Community Based Organizations, local government agencies and other service providers to implement campaign interventions.
- Identify and select external organizations for the purposes of external engagement for policy influencing, campaigning, resource acquisition and other relationships of mutual benefit at all levels.
- Participate in networks/coalitions at all levels towards the attainment of World Vision International in Ghana’s strategic objectives for the wellbeing of Most Vulnerable Children.
- Identify and build networks of children from the Area Programs (AP) to National level for the purposes amplifying their voice on issues that affect their wellbeing.
- Work with the Child Protection & Advocacy Manager to explore and engage with inter-agency platforms at AP, sub-national and national level towards building and sustaining overall momentum for national level policy advocacy and campaigns.
- Reporting on all advocacy and campaign outcomes.
- Produce knowledge management materials including child-led advocacy or community change projects, campaign fundraising and WVG image branding.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support Design Monitoring and Evaluation Team and Cluster Managers to design, monitor and evaluate advocacy and campaign on health/Education/WASH/Economic development outcomes to generate the needed evidence for policy engagements.
Required Skills or Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: Degree in Public Policy, Social Science, Governance, Development Studies, public health or relevant discipline.
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree, preferably in public health , Public Policy, Law, Social Work, Development Studies or other related field
- Master’s Degree in Public Policy and Management, public health or Governance is preferred.
Technical Training qualifications required: Professional technical skill desired
- 4- 5 years of experience working in child protection: including child protection program design, implementation and monitoring; staff training and coaching.
- 4-5 years’ experience of developing and managing the implementation of Rights Based approaches.
- Experience of managing micro-macro linkages in working with community groups, networks and government agencies on Rights Based processes.
- Experience of managing empowering partnerships and other relationships.
- Experience of developing proposals and coordinating ideas for managing donor relationships.
- Sound knowledge in global political debates and their impacts on issues regarding water, sanitation and hygiene.
- Experienced in managing research projects and documentation
- Sound knowledge of sectors-WASH, Health/Nutrition, Education, Humanitarian Emergency Affairs, Children/Women and their policies in Ghana.
- Proven experience in managing national and international campaigns.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please get the details of the Jobs from World Vision’s website below. The deadline for submission of application is November 28, 2018.
- As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children.
- All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
- World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply