AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Job Title: Forklift Operator.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as a Forklift Operator.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Forklift Operator – HME Infrastructure reports to the Mechanical Supervisor – HME Infrastructure and is accountable for Operation of forklifts on the Obuasi Mine in a safe and compliant manner as tasked and instructed during refurbishment, later operations, of the Surface Mine Infrastructure.
The work is to be executed in accordance with detailed tasking in accordance with applicable Government of Ghana and AGAG safety and environmental requirements.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health & safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Accept personal responsibility for his own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Interface with Contractors as directed and/or Construction teams regarding material handling/ lifting/ mechanical work tasks for refurbishment works and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule and expectations.
- Attend training, development and performance improvement training as required
- Execute the work of operating forklift / lifting equipment as tasked – compliant and in accordance with all relevant regulations from Government of Ghana and AGAG
- Execute daily pre-start checks of equipment/ tools prior to leaving workshop. Escalate and report any anomalies
- Carry out all short interval measures and controls to assure smooth running of the equipment and to report any interruptions and/or anomalies requiring attention from maintenance trades
- Assess all equipment required for completion of the tasked work, create checklist and transport all tools necessary for task completion
- Recognise any machine or equipment operation anomalies that would indicate requirements for maintenance, report and escalate.
- Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to open work orders on SAP for work to be carried out and close out work orders in SAP on completion of the tasked work for the equipment being operated.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum certificate of forklift operation (CIT)
- Driving and operating skills with valid driving/ operating license.
- Must have basic understanding of preventive maintenance / pre checks on equipment.
- Good communication skill in the English Language
- Minimum of two years’ experience in forklift operation
- Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Fully literate and numerate
- Fully competent in maintenance and repair of lifting equipment
- Knowledge in lifting equipment safe operation
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.