Posted on :
23 Aug, 2019
23 Aug, 2019
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced citizens of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) member states to fill the following vacant position at the Headquarters of the ECOWAS Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA) in Accra.
Job Title: Financial and Account Analyst
Monthly Salary: Euros 5,000
Duration: 2 years renewable
Under the supervision of ERERA’s Chairman, give assistance in the financial management of the EU Project and others, among others, to:
• Act as the lead advisor on financial and economic issues of ERERA/EU project’s studies, and ERERA other regulatory studies relating to the regional electricity market;
• Carry out financial analyzes for the ERERA/EU Project’s regulatory studies and ERERA’s other programs activities for the development of the Regional Electricity Market;
• Assistance to the development of the regional electricity market transmission tariff methodology and monitoring of its implementation
• Assistance to the development of the Principles and Rules of Accounting Separation in the ECOWAS Member States electricity market and monitoring of their implementation
• Keep track of financial reporting needs & undertake financial cost-benefit analysis.
• Generate, document, classify, maintain and prepare financial reports of the ERERA / EU project in accordance with EU accounting standards and directives, and perform the same function for other ERERA projects;
• Implement budgetary control procedures and ensure that expenditures approved for payment have been provided for in the Project Budget
• Oversee the preparation of bank reconciliation statements for the Project bank accounts
• Perform any other official mission that may be entrusted to him by the hierarchy.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a first degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration.
• Possession of a higher degree would reduce the required professional experience to three (3) years with a minimum of two (2) years in finance.
• A part qualification of a formal professional Accounting designation. E.g. (CA, ACCA, CIMA, etc.)
• Familiar with all aspects of Financial Accounting Software and conversant with at least one major Accounting Software.
• A solid knowledge of accounting software systems designs, budgeting and strategic financial planning would also be an added advantage.
• Ability to present sensitive issues/positions and prepare reports at short notice
• Ability to work independently with high degree of responsibility, and with minimal supervision
• Experience in Regional or International organizations would be an advantage.
• Good team player and performance oriented, capability to work in a multicultural team.
• Should be computer literacy and have good inter-personal relations skills.
• Excellent communication skills (spoken, written and presentational) and interpersonal skills (team player).
• The applicant should be less than 50 years old at the time of recruitment.
• Must be fluent in one of the three official languages of ECOWAS Commission (English, French and Portuguese). A working knowledge of any of the other ECOWAS language would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants should send an electronic copy of their letter of motivation and curriculum vitae to the following email address: [email protected] In line with their desire to speed up and improve the recruitment process, ERERA will only accept online applications.
Closing Date: 30 August 2019