Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997, we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Job Title: Education Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist
The anticipated scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Ghana staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent activities by improving: (1) USAID and Implementing Partner’s (IP) capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of activity and project performance; and (3) Mission and activity ability to collaborate, learn, and adapt (CLA). The anticipated start date is not yet determined.
The MESP activities will encompass the Mission’s Development Objectives:
- Strengthened responsive, democratic governance
- Sustainable and broadly shared economic growth
- Equitable improvements in health status
- Improved reading performance in primary school
SI is seeking a full-time Education Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist who will contribute to the implementation of Education MESP activities for this project. This position will be based in Accra, Ghana. The Education MEL Specialist will serve on a full-time basis throughout the five-year period of performance.
**Please note: Only candidates with Ghanaian citizenship will be considered.**
- Collaborate with the Senior Monitoring and Verification Lead to contribute to implementation of MEL activities.
- Participate in education activity case studies, site visits to monitor education activities, conduct DQAs, and provide other technical assistance for the Education Office and implementing partners.
- Provide timely inputs and quality deliverables.
- Design MEL processes, using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, increasingly focused on results of Education MESP activities.
- Conduct review of existing project- and activity-level MEL plans and recommend refinements to the mission’s Education MEL plan.
- Lead data collection and analysis efforts.
- Develop program recommendations based on qualitative and quantitative data.
- Develop dissemination plans for reporting and sharing findings with USAID.
- Help to support the integration of MEL into learning and continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Master’s degree and six years of relevant experience; OR Ph.D. and four years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in development of Education MEL activities including: MEL plans at the activity and project level, activity case studies, monitoring activities, Data Quality Assessments, as well as other MEL technical activities.
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience in USAID’s program cycle and evaluation policy.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations and implementing partners.