The Associate Scientist will perform testing of medicines and foods using compendia, physico-chemical and microbiology procedures and other validated procedures; and will also assist with hands-on laboratory training, and other training activities, as needed.
Job Title: Associate Scientist
- The Associate Scientist may execute 90-100% of their work at the bench.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Performs routine chemical analyses to determine the identity, content, purity, and release rates of medicine samples and microbiological testing.
- Analyses data from tests, critically reviews results and brings any unexpected findings immediately to the attention of supervisor
- Generates and reports scientifically sound, reproducible, and accurate data
- Records experimental data, ensuring clear and accurate transcription of results and calculations
- Takes personal ownership of work assigned
- Executes all testing and analysis of data with excellence and minimal errors
- Has excellent understanding of the use of compendia such as USP, BP, Ph.Eur, and Ph. Int.
- Receives samples for testing, including verification of quantities and item description, log-in into database and proper storage of samples
- Other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
- Experience in compendial, manufacturing and/or regulatory laboratories, QMS environment such as ISO/IEC 17025 accredited and/or WHO prequalified laboratory and exposure to laboratory software such as NuGenesis, Empower, Chemstation, MetricStream etc.
- They must have good communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written.
- Takes personal responsibility to ensure work is delivered on time and is of the highest possible quality.
- Skill to anticipate, troubleshoot, and solve technical problems.
- Having experience in the evaluation of chemical reference standards is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested persons should send their CVs and Cover letters to [email protected]