The primary responsibility of Technical Sales is to contribute to the development of sales and customer service by providing technical support and to produce quality quotations. Quotations must be optimized to meet the needs of the sales force and the clients.
Job Title: Technical Sales Representative
- Key role is to maximize profitable sales, finding a product that meets the customers’ needs whilst presenting the offer in a professional manner.
- Understanding of the customers’ requirements via various communication channels: Phone, Fax or email
- Competent knowledge of product features, advantages and benefits to be able to professionally represent these to customers
- Create Quotations from RFQ
- Follow up on Quotations
- Log opportunities
- Ensuring the technical inbox is managed within the agreed time frame
- Liaising with the factories all over the world on more technical enquiries
- Calculating pricing for quotations
- Managing customer complaints in CRM.
- Configuring part numbers in SAP
- Analysing margin and GRP index when quoting
- Giving customers assistance with Grundfos Product Center on the phone
- Follow and adhere to business processes
- Work with existing IT systems in a manner that uses the system efficiently and work to the required standards
- AD HOC Participate in ad hoc tasks defined by the line manager
Critical knowledge and experience
- Education: must have a Technical certificate or degree
- 2-4 years relevant work experience
- Highly technical competence level within defined areas
- SAP CRM knowledge within the related work area
- Manage RFQ’s related to projects and requests from customers
- Basic Hydraulics
- The ability to work in a demanding and ever-changing environment where meeting deadlines are a key task
- Proven track record in working autonomously.
- Pump technical knowledge
- Extensive customer interaction from a sales and service perspective