As Manager, Program/Project Operations you will manage and support internal project operations initiatives including facilitating, reporting and analyzing company-based projects and provide direct oversight for the Project Operations division of the PMO.
Job Title: Project/Program Manager
- Own the calendar of key events and major milestones that drive service engagement and usage
- Partner with marketing and product management to forecast viewership projections using third party and proprietary data
- Identify key systems and service areas that may be at risk (e.g. video encoding, metadata ingestion, subscription and billing systems, etc.)
- Partner with engineering, operations, partners, and vendors, to develop the remediation plans for issues identified
- Manage stress testing of all systems based on anticipated consumer demand
- Work with content partners and encoding vendors on failover strategy, planning, and testing
- Organize logistics and support plans for day-of events across Hulu, partners, and vendors (e.g. launch rooms, escalation procedures)
- Facilitate continuous improvement through launch retrospectives, identifying potential problems based on prior events, and using historical data to prioritize new work
- Manage and improve PMO and business operations/processes by constantly improving efficiency, managing and controlling change, and monitoring quality
- Assist with the development and measurement of operational KPIs to measure operations efficiency and optimize performance
- Address and document critical issues are addressed
- Develop, implement, evaluate, improve and document internal programs, processes, systems, tools and applications
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to plan operational projects, set priority, define scope and requirements, and provide project management oversight
- Facilitate inter-departmental coordination and transparency, including activities to support better information flow, data management and reporting; identify opportunities to improve data accuracy and increase efficiencies
- Balance competing priorities for operational projects by encouraging ongoing engagement from all business owners and appropriately managing any cross-functional interdependencies to avoid barriers in project operations initiatives
- Provide management oversite for project operations quality assurance programs; internal operations projects and company template generation and management; Advisory Services support program; client-based survey initiatives and data analysis; client-facing project team support to help ensure follow-through and completion of project activity
- Ensure the Project Operations group consistently maintains a high level of professionalism and excellent customer service at all times.
What You’ll Need to Win!
- Bachelors degree or Equivalent Experience
- 7+ years Operations Experience
- 3+ years Managing Projects; IT, Physical Security and/or Software Development projects preferred
- Demonstrated ability to make good decisions based on limited information
- Detailed oriented, organized, and able to quickly prioritize while managing multiple parallel projects.
- Customer engagement skills with the experience to demonstrate the ability to build strong relationships with customers. You must really enjoy delivering well for customers
- Stellar internal, cross-functional, and inter-employee skills. Should have the ability to manage through influence, get things done with and through people, and do so in a direct, fair, success-oriented way.
- Solid business acumen with the ability to quickly assess key issues and identify the right resources to resolve them – a strategic thinker with the ability to organize business and project elements into a winning plan.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to deal with sensitive, confidential, and urgent issues
- Quick learner who can adapt to rapidly growing technology
- Highly proficient computer skills to include Word, Excel and Outlook, including experience utilizing Excel formulas
- Project Management certification a plus
- Experience working with other project management tools
- Experience building a project management program from the ground up a plus
- Ability to identify pattern relationships among related technologies
- Ability to approach problems in a holistic manner, considering impact and risk to all involved stakeholders, when proposing a solution
How to Apply
Interested candidates should kindly forward their cv’s to [email protected]