Posted on :
31 Aug, 2016
31 Aug, 2016
The Youth Employment Agency (YEA) was established under the Youth Employment Act 2015 (Act 887) to empower young people to contribute meaningfully to the socio-economic and sustainable development of the nation. Its objective is to support the youth between the ages of 15 to 35 years through skills training and internship modules to transit from a situation of unemployment to that of employment. To ensure sustainability, the policy focus of YEA was changed in 2009 from the traditional modules which have pay roll implications to the self employment modules such as Trades and Vocation modules through public private partnership so as to reduce the burden on payment of stipend for the Paid Internship Module. This has attracted International acclaim, with the BBC ranking YEA as the best Youth Employment Programme in Africa in 2011. Available records indicate that as at December, 2012, over Six Hundred Thousand, (600,000) beneficiaries were recruited by the YEA. New modules were introduced and some of the existing modules such as The Youth in Security Services and Trades and Vocation were reviewed and expanded to meet the growing demand for youth employment in the country.
The Youth Employment Agency, as part of its restructuring exercise and repositioning to be a World Class Public Services Organisation, following the passage of the Youth Employment Agency Act 887 (2015). is looking for qualified, competent and highly motivated individuals for the following vacancy within its establishment.
Job Title: Director, Planning & Research
• To provide technical and operational leadership in planning and research for the achievement of the mandate of the Agency.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide inputs for the formulation of policies of the Agency.
• Exercise oversight responsibility for effective and efficient management of resources in the directorate.
• Coordinate the development and implementation of work plans of the directorate.
• Provide input in the development and implementation of strategies for resource mobilisation from both private and public sectors.
• Coordinate the conduct of research in youth employment programmes and other related issues
• Coordinate the development and implementation of strategic, long-term, medium-term, short term, annual and other plans of the Agency.
• Coordinate the implementation of programmes and activities on planning and research of the Agency.
• Coordinate the development and maintenance of a comprehensive database on public and private sector organisations, youth engaged by the agency and other related issues.
• Oversee the development of guidelines. processes, procedures and standards on planning and research of the Agency. .
• Coordinate the preparation of the budget of the directorate.
• Coordinate the preparation of annual and other periodic reports of the directorate.
• Ensure the implementation of performance management system in the directorate.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of Master’s Degree in Planning, Economics, Social Sciences or any related field from an accredited tertiary institution.
• Membership of relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
• A PhD in relevant discipline may be an added advantage.
• A minimum of ten (10) years post qualification relevant work experience, five (5) years of which must be in a management position in a reputable organisation.
• Must pass a competitive selection interview conducted by the Public Services Commission in consultation with the YEA Board.
• Good Leadership, Networking, Monitoring and Management Skills.
• Good Communication, Interpersonal and Presentation Skills.
• Negotiation, Diplomacy, Coordination, Lobbying and Conflict Management
• Capacity and Ability to Inspire and Motivate.
• Good Knowledge of Youth Employment Issues.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in planning and research.
• Knowledge of Labour. Health, Safety and Environmental Laws and regulations
• Knowledge in Financial, Procurement, Budgeting, Auditing and Labour Regulations.
• Proficiency in Relevant Computer Application.
• Good Qualitative, Quantitative and Analytical Skills.
• Strong Ethical and Moral Values.
• Good driving skills.
How To Apply For The Job
Application, including Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Certificates, names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to
The Chief Executive Officer
Youth Employment Agency,
P.O. Box Ct. 9120
Closing Date: 09 September, 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be shortlisted