Provide scientific and technical support to the IWMI Coordinator of the Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) program in the planning and execution of water management field-level activities for the Rice, Wheat, Sorghum-Millet, Maize and Orange Fleshed Sweet Potato (OFSP) Value Chains in target countries.
Job Title: Technical Support Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist, in coordination with Commodity Compact Lead institutions, Regional Member Countries (RMCs) and in-country partners, in planning and organizing the deployment of approved water management and irrigation technologies.
- Assist in the organization and implementation of field activities (preparation of fields in demonstration sites, installation of irrigation equipment, kits, etc.).
- Support on-farm demonstration and scaling-out of approved water management and irrigation technologies for each value chain in target countries.
- Coordinate with and receive guidance from country collaborators in data collection, database development, monitoring and evaluation, and capacity building activities.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated technical and financial reports for the Commodity Technology Delivery Compacts (CTDCs)
- Assist in the preparation of brochures and other knowledge sharing products.
- A Master’s degree in water resources management, agricultural engineering or a related field.
- At least 3 years work experience in agricultural water management in an African country.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English with good working knowledge of French.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, including database management and PowerPoint presentations.
- Experience in writing technical reports.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and reliably carry out delegated functions without extensive supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional, and multi-cultural environment.
This is a nationally recruited staff position and only Ghanaian citizens are encouraged to apply. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes transport and health insurance. The duration of the contract will initially be for a three-year period with possible extension