MODEC is a general contractor specializing in engineering, procurement, construction and installation of floating production systems including Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), Production Semi-Submersibles, Floating LNGs (FLNGs), Mobile Offshore Production Units (MOPUs) and other new technologies which will meet the challenges of various types of gas production floaters. MODEC provides Floating Production System operation and maintenance services around the world.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer (9402)
- Provides Engineering support to achieve and maintain the technical and performance
- integrity of the FPSO Facilities, stationary equipment and piping systems.
- Provides production and operations engineering change support for the Facilities’
- systems including Production Process, Utilities and Marine systems.
- Identify, review, and approve any QA/QC requirements for the Facilities’ stationary
- equipment and packages related to the process management of change work scopes.
- Identify, develop, and complete Management of Change, Engineering Changeengineering, equipment sizing, engineering proposals, calculations.
- Requests, Engineering assessments including redline markups, mechanical
- Lead RCA investigations to determine causes of failures and corrective actions to
- prevent reoccurrence.
- Analyzes and reports findings on the performance monitoring activities relatedprovides recommendations to the operations team for resolution.
- specifically to operational troubleshooting. Identifies any areas of concern and
- Provides ongoing progress reports to the Integrity Engineer with respect to theidentified issues.
- mechanical & piping change request and maintenance work activities and any
- Prepares project cost estimates for schedules, specifications for labor, and material
- and equipment.
- Completes technical bid evaluations of contractor/vendor bid submissions.
- Plans and manages work scopes with company approved contractors for the facility.
- Completes ongoing process monitoring of the facility equipment and systems.
- Directs technicians and contractors to ensure MODEC Ghana Limited objectives and
- targets are met with regard to budget, safety, risk, quality and engineering standards.
- Engages external fabrication and local service providers, within the assigned authority
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Desirable suitably experienced Mechanical Engineer on stationary pressure and non-pressure equipment & piping. API 510 and 570, or equivalent, certifications are desirable.
- 10 years’ experience in the hydrocarbon and/or offshore oil & gas industry desirably with Floating Production facilities.
- Able to demonstrate a good work ethic & knowledge of the relevant Ghanaian and International standards applicable to the oil & gas industry (ASME, API, etc.), and how they relate specifically to the Facilities’ operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy in office packages, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word Highly desirable, but not essential, AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of the document control and procurement management systems and processes.
- Knowledge of the maintenance management system AMOS.
- Current OPITO accredited TBOSIET (Tropical Basic Offshore Safety Escape Training) qualification and UKOOA accredited offshore medical clearance certificate are required for Offshore travel to the FPSO.