Abt. Associates Inc., a US based company, is implementing the PMI/ USAID–funded VectorLink Project, Ghana. IRS as a component of VectorLink Project has been implemented in Ghana since 2008 in some selected districts in the Northern Region.
Job Title: Store Assistants x25
Abt. Associates Inc., a US-based company, is implementing an USAID–funded PMI VectorLink Project to support national efforts in malaria control and prevention. Since 2008, the project has been implementing indoor residual spraying (IRS) to tackle malaria transmission in the Northern Region of Ghana with the main office located in Tamale. For 2019, Abt Associates Inc. is planning IRS implementation in nine districts of the Northern region.
For the VectorLink project, Abt Associates is seeking qualified individuals to fill temporary positions for Store Assistants at each of the following 25 operational sites /sub-districts
||Kumbungu and Dalun
||Wungu, Kpasenkpe and Janga
||Kubori and Yizesi
||Gambaga, Gbintiri, Langbinsi, Sakogu and Nagboo
||Nakpanduri, Binde, and Bunkpurugu
||Yunyoo and Nasuan
||Karaga, Pishigu and Sandua
||Gushegu, Nabuli, Galwei
||Chereponi and Wenchiki
Prior to recruitment, selected candidates will go through a training to get oriented to the job tasks and responsibilities. Store Assistants will be under the supervision of the Site Manager and also report to the Project Procurement and Logistics Manager.
|Store Assistant (25 positions)
- Keep daily records of all materials moving in and out of a store using Stock Cards, Request and Delivery Forms, Store Ledger and other inventory forms.
- Ensure that each unit of insecticidemoving out of the storeis properly labeled, serialized and recorded
- Ensure that all used materials (eg. Eempty sachets, nose masks, etc.) and in stock
- Ensure the store is clean, well-organized and items neatly packed on pallets.
- Carry out weekly inventory review
- Assist the Site Manager if the need arises.
- DBS/WASSCE certificate or higher
- Work experience with inventory and warehouse management is preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision.
- Possession of a valid motor rider license is advantage
- Good English language writing and reading skills.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma in Information Communication Technology (ICT) or other related field.
- Experience in data management with demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate large-scale data collection.
- Experience with data analysis and interpretation of results will be an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Good understanding and experience (preferred) of software platforms for mass SMS
- Strong computer skills with good understanding on the use of MS Excel and Access
- Proficiency in English and one or more Northern Ghanaian languages will be an advantage.
- Willingness to travel to the IRS implementing districts.
- Previous work experience in IRS will be an added advantage
How to Apply
- To apply for the positions, please submit an application letter and CV based on the instructions below:
- Application letter must have specific job title, CV and site/sub-district of preference, otherwise the candidate will not be considered. Please look through the above mentioned sites/ sub-districts and positions to include the name of the site(s) in the application letter.
- To deliver your typed application letter and CV use any of the following options:
- Deliver by hand to the PMI VectorLink Project/Abt Associates Inc. office located near VSO office off the SSNIT FLATS Junction, Waterson road – Tamale.
- Submit to the security guards at the district or sub-district
- offices of the PMI Vectorlink Project listed above.
- Use the email address below [email protected] (Please indicate the position and district in the subject line of the email).
- Emails without district and Job title will not be considered
- Deliver by hand to the Ghana Health Service district or sub-district office or the District Assembly where you want to be considered for any of the positions.
- Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please note that successful candidates will be contracted for not more than 2 months.
- Only qualified applicants will be contacted
- Deadline for submission of applications: 5 PM, 20th December, 2018.