AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Fire Tender Driver.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Fire Tender Driver is required to respond to emergency situations by operating the Company’s Fire Tender, Emergency Rescue Van and the Ambulance.
The Fire Tender Driver would also be required in assisting the emergency team in discharging their duties creditably in the areas of firefighting, rescue operations and Ambulance services especially on surface.
- Assist in responding to all emergency operations on surface.
- Safely drive the Fire Tender and all Emergency vehicles in response to all emergency situations.
- Safely drive Emergency Vehicles to and from fires or other emergencies following laws and regulations, operating pumps, aerial devices, power and other mechanical equipment as required, keep inventory of tools and equipment on apparatus.
- Assist in conducting planned inspections and audits on all firefighting and fire detection appliances on both surface and underground. The inspections shall cover portable fire extinguishers, automatic fire suppression systems, Hose reels, smoke detectors, and fire alarms or sirens.
- Participate in all training sessions and emergency drills.
- Clean and service assigned apparatus, maintaining it in a condition of readiness, report mechanical failures or difficulties and missing or damaged equipment to the proper authority.
- Attend to the Control Room.
- Assist in cleaning and keeping the Rescue Station tidy.
- Assist in organizing basic firefighting training and emergency drills for employees.
- Perform required apparatus maintenance, cleaning duties, inventory checks and weekly inspections. Additionally, after every emergency response or training drill, inventories must be checked before leaving the emergency scene or training location.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Valid Driver’s License F
- Must have at least a SSCE /WASSCE or a similar qualification from a recognized institution.
- Must be Qualified and Competent in administration of First Aid.
- Physically and medically fit to AGA Standard
- Must have at least 5 years considerable skill in the driving of Fire Tender preferably in a mining environment.
- Must have an in-depth understanding and working knowledge of mechanical principles in operation of Fire Tender and Ambulance.
- Must have basic knowledge in the use of first aid kits, and rescue equipment
- Must have considerable knowledge in the inspections of all firefighting and fire detection appliances and this include but not limited to portable fire extinguishers, fire Hose Reels, fire hydrants, smoke detectors, fire alarms.
- Must have experience and ability in spill response and medical emergency response.
- Must be disciplined.
- Must be computer literate.
- Certificate of Competency (Mine Rescue/Fire Certificate) – Ghana Minerals Commission / Recognized Institution or Body
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 21 APRIL, 2019.