We are looking for a hardworking Technical Estimator to join our team!
As a Technical Estimator, your main responsibility will be to estimate work of particular projects by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for preparing cost estimates by analyzing proposals and requirements.
Job Title: Technical Estimator
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost database by entering and backing up data.
- Visit sites and other venues necessary to do the estimate
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Obtain accurate quotes for materials and systems to establish accurate cost estimates
- Bachelor’s degree / HND in Building Technology, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or a related discipline.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (MS Excel, Word).
- Proficient in CAD Software eg. AutoCAD.
- Proven track record in analyzing information and translating it into other formats for the purpose of a tender/bid.
- 5+ years of relevant experience of working in the construction industry in a similar role is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of project management .
- Good time-management skills.
- Analyzing Information, Estimating, Planning, Strategic Planning and Attention to Detail.