Posted on :
9 Nov, 2017
9 Nov, 2017
At DAMCO, we believe that a long-term successful career happens when there is a match between what you are passionate about, what you are good at and what is needed for our business.
A successful career will include a variety of experiences that stretch you, bring you out of your comfort zone and offer you an opportunity to learn and grow in ways that also build our business.
Job Title: Central & West Africa Area HSSE & Claims Manager
• Manage all HSSE matters within the area in accordance to Damco standards.
• Supporting implementation of minimum HSSE standards and culture in warehouses, particularly WND facilities
• Liaise with countries and local management to implement HSSE standards and requirements.
• Be an active participant within the Damco HSSE management team.
• Roll out Damco HSSE training within your area.
• Have oversight of area H&S legal compliance.
• Produce area HSSE documentation based on Damco global HSSE documents.
• Security Point of Contact for local Clients and Authorities.
• Conducts HSSE risk assessments and ensure corrective and preventive measures are undertaken.
• Periodic review of country HSSE documentation.
• Investigates, analyses and reviews all Health & Safety incidents, Near Misses, and local security incidents.
• Escalate major security incidents to Region HSSE Manager.
• Audit subcontractors & follow-up to ensure adequate performance
• Providing support for commercial and compliance efforts
• To handle, assist, support and monitor cargo claims, claims handling, legal disputes, negotiations, dispute resolution and settlements in co-operation with the relevant internal stakeholders. Facilitate speedy communication to customers and internal and external stakeholders when necessary.
• Execute on procedures to make recoveries more efficient, building a rapport with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring success and improvement of initiatives.
• Handle larger incident related claims, assisting on strategies, coordinating with third parties (non-customers) and ensuring effective, time-sensitive processing.
Who we are looking for
• Minimum 5 years of HSSE & claims experience within logistics
• Sound understanding of legal principles related to the international carriage of goods
• Fluency in English and local dialect if appropriate
• Understand freight forwarding & warehousing logistics activities, relationships and constraints.
• Minimum University graduate.
• Membership of TAPA, ASIS or other HSSE organization or holding relevant qualifications such as OHSAS preferred.