Posted on :
17 Nov, 2017
17 Nov, 2017
At DAMCO, we believe that a long-term successful career happens when there is a match between what you are passionate about, what you are good at and what is needed for our business.
A successful career will include a variety of experiences that stretch you, bring you out of your comfort zone and offer you an opportunity to learn and grow in ways that also build our business.
Job Title: Central & West Africa Area CI & Implementation Manager
• Deliver defined projects for Area OPS functional excellence activities
• Coordinate and review all OPS functional excellence activities in Area
• Drive Area implementation of best practices from fragmentation to scalable knowledge
• Develop change management strategies and plan with emphasis on a process oriented approach
• Sustain CI deployment and maturity in country and do area coordination of continuous improvement
• Coach Area LT on CI sustainability and Lean behaviors
• Prepare and drive the overall implementation project plan across all geographies and functions, including operations, IT, HR and finance.
• Provide clear visibility of project status to internal and external stakeholders by establishing project milestones, go/no-go stage gates, and operational readiness criteria. Track the progress against these and escalate issues and delays in a timely manner.
• Set expectations and get agreement with internal and external stakeholders.
• Manage risks rigorously from sales opportunity to stable operation to ensure sustainable profitability and preventing of “cure” situations.
Client Relationship Management
• Establish, maintain and develop strong relationships with local clients at operational levels.
• Lead the client through the on-boarding process and act as the clients’ centre of gravity on implementations and issue resolution.
• Participate in the solution design process and develop creative solutions to operational challenges.
• Ensure initial SOP/IOP compliance across all origin and destination offices.
Who we are looking for
• Minimum 5 years of experience within logistics
• Preferably having worked +3 years in a CSO/Country – and some/most of the time as a business controller
• Kewill and FACT knowledge is a must
• Good understanding of processes within Ocean freight, Air freight, Supply Chain Management and Land based services (VAS)
• Experience with and flair for process mapping and documentation of processes (into SOPs/IOPs)
• Operational Excellence / Lean experience is beneficial
• Strong communicator and team player
• Strong influencing skills