Job Title: Laboratory Technician
- Assist in the testing of mines samples and assist with the maintenance of equipment.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Assist in the analysis of raw materials, intermediate and finished samples.
- Collect samples according to approved quality plan.
- Carry out preliminary preparation of sample collected for X-ray analysis.
- Carry out sieves and moisture analysis of samples.
- Prepare slides and make microscopic observations.
- Ensure cleaning of sample collection points.
- Assist in managing inventory of chemicals and laboratory items including glassware in the laboratory stores.
- Escalate any identified deviations from target quality standards promptly to the supervising Technologist.
- Recommend and implement improvements to the plant’s laboratory operations and maintenance of lab equipment and instruments.
- Ensure effective house-keeping in the laboratory.
- Assist in the maintenance of ISO quality management systems in the unit.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic lab analysis and activity reports.
. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Quality Control & Assurance or relevant supervising Officer.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High National Diploma (HND) or its equivalent in any discipline.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of laboratory terminology and equipments
- Ability to handle samples and operate lab equipments
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite