Job Title: Transport Controller
- Responsible for carrying out the entire Department’s Administrative and personnel functions
- Ensures strict adherence to group’s administrative and Human Resources Policy
- Provide financial management and accounting support to all aspects of the business (fleets)
Key Duties & Responsibilities
ADMIN AND HR JOB FUNCTION
- Coordinate the activities of all staff of Admin Department for effective performance of the Transport Division
- Drawing up broad policy guidelines for proper Administration of Transport Division.
- Keeping proper documents of all company Assets.
- Handling public relations of the company and image boosting.
- Enforcing staff discipline through properly laid-down disciplinary justice system in line with Management’s policy.
- Designing training program for staff in line with Management’s policy.
- Ensuring that all departments are adequately staffed through a proactive manpower planning system.
- Ensuring that benefits are paid to them without undue delay
- Liaise with other Unit Heads in the Group with a view to ensuring co-operative spirit and mutual understanding with other Units.
- Recruitment and Selection of staff.
- Assigning job Descriptions and Targets.
- Initiate and measure Staff Performance through constant Appraisal exercise
- Acquisition and Maintenance of Pool Cars and Motor-cycles.
- Provision of Printed materials, office stationary and other utility items.
- Conduct monthly Staff Census.
- Administration of company’s Staff Welfare Programs.
- Health, safety and environment
- Initiate and Coordinate relationship with hospitals and clinics with regards to attendance to employees’ health and safety.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Plant Manager
ACCOUNTS JOB SCHEDULE
- Follow-up on ensuring that financial resources are in place to support efficient operation of the business
- Responsible for the overall operation of the Finance Department by ensuring that set targets are met for the Local Transport Division.
- Ensures that all postings are correctly coded by checking all transactions coding before posting
- Ensure that all Transactions are completely posted
- Check all transactions to ensure that internal control is adhered to
- Check all daybook / invoice payment journal on daily basis against previous days entries and supervises the postings.
- Reconcile all account balances with their respective schedules / subsidiary ledgers
- Investigate all outstanding reconcilable items and effect correction entries
- Ensure that Staff Debtors, Loan Advances and Drivers deductions schedules are prepared and reconciled with the General Ledger.
- Ensure Truck Accounting reports are properly prepared and timely
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the General Manager of Account
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Business Administration or its equivalent
- Post-graduate/ professional qualification in Accounting/Finance like ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of eight (10) years relevant work experience.
Skills & Behaviours
- Good knowledge of accounting and financial management
- In-depth understanding of transportation and supply chain business
Working knowledge of IFRS accounting system
Good Knowledge of ERP accounting systems like SAP
Good knowledge of Treasury management and cash reconciliations
Strong organizing and time management skills
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite