Oversee the day-to-day running of stores to ensure access to necessary materials and supplies.
Job Title: Stores Supervisor
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Oversee all materials receipts, processing, fulfilment, movement pick-up, monitoring and dispatch at the plant.
- Approve all stock receipts (to) and dispatch (from) assigned plant
- Plan, direct and evaluate efficiency of all depot inventory planning and control activities
- Assume responsibility for efficient management of depot resources such as vehicles, equipment, etc.
- Ensure store is optimally utilised by constantly reviewing layout, space utilisation and material flow to identify improvement areas.
- Ensure daily records of stores transactions are uploaded onto the system on a regular basis.
- Organise regular/periodic stock count exercises and ensure discrepancies are resolved on a timely basis.
- Investigate incidences of damaged/missing stock in the depot and escalate to head of Operations & Maintenance where necessary.
- Take adequate steps, including leveraging of existing relationships to ensure timely resolution of depot-related issues and challenges
- Implement approved HSE policies and procedures for stores safety.
- Ensure continuous review and assessment of the effectiveness and efficiency of stores management policies, procedures and processes, identify improvement opportunities and make recommendations to the head of Operations & Maintenance
- Develop periodic performance reports for review and decision making by the head of Operations & Maintenance
Perform other tasks as assigned by the Stores Manager.
Education And Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in any discipline.
- Minimum of eight (8) years relevant experience.
Skills And Behaviours
- In-depth understanding of the cement manufacturing industry trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, legislation etc.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the organisation’s product and service offerings.
- Very good knowledge of inventory planning and management principles and techniques
- Good understanding of the distribution and logistics network in Nigeria and assigned region
- In-depth knowledge of local and DCP approved HSE policies
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Good organisation and project management skills
- Good leadership and relationship management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to take initiative and act proactively
- Working knowledge of ERP or other planning applications