Posted on :
30 Mar, 2017
30 Mar, 2017
We are a rapidly growing healthcare company and we are presently seeking enthusiastic, experienced, self-motivated Diagnostic Medical Sonographer to join a dynamic team in our Pharmacy.
Job Title: Diagonistic Medial Sonographer
• The job holder will assist run the daily operations of scan unit.
• Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic sonography examinations.
• Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record, and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information and images.
• Uses independent judgment during the sonographic exam to accurately differentiate between normal and pathologic findings.
• Analyses sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information and medical history, and communicates findings to the appropriate physician.
• Coordinates work schedule with departmental HOD to ensure workload coverage.
• Assumes responsibility for the safety, mental and physical comfort of patients while they are in the sonographer’s care.
• Assists with the daily operations of the sonographic laboratory.
• Maintains a daily log of patients seen/completes exam billing forms.
• Maintains ultrasound equipment, work area, and maintains adequate supplies.
• Participates in the maintenance of laboratory accreditation.
• Establishes and maintains ethical working relationships and good rapport with all interrelating hospitals, referral or commercial agencies.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program or Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Sonography is desirable.
• Must have at least two year working experience as a Medical Sonographer
• Ability to effectively operate sonographic equipment.
• Ability to integrate diagnostic sonograms, laboratory results, patient history and medical records, and adapt sonographic examination as necessary.
• Ability to use independent judgment to acquire the optimum diagnostic sonographic information in each examination performed.
• Ability to evaluate, synthesizes, and communicate diagnostic information to the attending physician.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the patient and the health care team, recognizing the special nature of sonographic examinations and patient’s needs.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and health care team.
• Ability to follow established departmental procedures.
• Ability to work efficiently and cope with emergency situations
How to Apply
Kindly forward your application and curriculum vitae to: [email protected] (please state job title in subject line)
Closing Date: 07 April, 2017