Posted on :
21 Sep, 2017
21 Sep, 2017
What has grown to become the Danpong Group of Companies started as Danpong Pharmacy (GH) Ltd in September 1989, when Dr. Yaw Adu Gyamfi (Dr. Danpong) formed his initial pharmacy supply company. He launched his first pharmacy shop at Nungua in 1991 with only eight workers, toiling from 7am to 11pm – and often after hours – to build a community pharmacy that was loved by the people of Nungua. In October 1999, Dr Gyamfi expanded his business and set up a bigger pharmacy, a 15-bed clinic, and a modern medical lab at Baatsona, on Spintex Road.
Job Title: Pharmacist (3 Positions)
• Your primary role will be to help fulfill orders and provide exceptional service and advice to every customer.
• Assisting the Pharmacy Services Manager in the day-to-day running of the pharmacy
• Dispensing medications in an accurate and timely manner
• Working with Technicians and Pharmacy Assistants to deliver excellent customer service
• Delivering health promotion programs as required
• Ensuring that all pharmacy operations are conducted in accordance with pharmacy policies and procedures, legal requirements and Quality Care Pharmacy Standards
• Ensures proper storage of all medications including refrigerated items
• Supervises inventory control of pharmacy stock to an acceptable turnover in order to minimize a number of expired drugs including daily requirements from the wholesale department
• Provides drug information, including adverse drug reactions and contraindications to patients (clients)
• Supervises monthly physical inventory process.
• Schedules adequate staff and coordinates the activities of physical inventory for the pharmacy department monthly.
• Ensures that all clients or customers are given verbal (counseling) on all new prescriptions and clients (patients) are provided counseling or medical information according to professional judgment
• Pharmacist will advise clients (patients) and answer questions about prescription drugs
• Answer questions about possible side effects and interactions among different drugs; provide information and make recommendations about over-the-counter
• Pharmacists will supervise personnel, as well as have other general managerial duties.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Education: Must be a Bachelor of Pharmacy holder from a recognized University, Current registration as a pharmacist with the Ghana Pharmacy Council
• Experience: Experience in community pharmacy, possesses administrative and management skills.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification: Current registration as a pharmacist in Ghana
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Professional Demeanor
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Strong communications
• Courteous Attitude
• Understanding of medical terminology and calculations
• Knowledge brand and generic names of medication
• Monthly Sales Management Report
• Monthly Inventory Report
• Weekly Procurement List
• Report on any controlled substance dispensed monthly
Location: Ho, Sunyani and Sekondi
How to Apply
Kindly forward your application and curriculum vitae to:
Closing Date: 22 September, 2017