Posted on :
26 Mar, 2020
26 Mar, 2020
Databank is the leading investment Firm in Ghana. Our mission is to help Ghanaians achieve financial independence by providing financial literacy and offering a diverse range of investment products and services. This leadership role has been driven by proven investment expertise and a strong sales and marketing team.
Databank offers investors a range of products and services that include wealth management, institutional funds management, Pension funds management, brokerage services, corporate finance and research services.
Our Legal Department, which is a registered Chamber is seeking a self-motivated and innovative person for the role of a Senior Legal Officer to join the Team.
Job Title: Senior Legal Officer
• Work with the legal team in the continuous development and implementation of the Group’s regulatory compliance program.
• Engage in the implementation and regular review of regulatory changes to the Group’s regulatory compliance program.
• Advice on legal actions by the company or against the company and liaise with External Counsel when required.
• Draft and review legal contracts, agreements and other documents as required by the Group.
• Provide Company Secretarial services for the Group.
• Assist the Head of Legal and other legal officers in the provision of legal advice to the Group to serve both internal and external clients on a broad range of legal matters.
• Carry out research and prepare memoranda and/or legal opinions on various areas of the law assigned.
• Manage legal and regulatory risk and liaise with relevant Departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
• Handle complaints against the Group and any associated legal and regulatory issues.
• Carry out any other assignments given by Head of Legal from time to time.
Qualification Required & Experience
• LLB from a recognized University
• Must be at least 7 years at the Ghana Bar.
• Completion of the GSE Securities Courses will be an advantage.
• Must have experience in civil litigation and court room practice.
• Must have sound knowledge of The Companies’ Act, laws relevant to the business environment and all the laws and regulations relating to the capital markets and securities industry.
• Must have good understanding of the Constitution of Ghana and other laws relevant to the business environment.
• Must be computer literate.
• Good sense of judgment and ability to quickly identify potential risks within our business.
• Use initiative to execute assigned responsibilities.
Closing Date: 31 March, 2020