The successful candidate will join our Project Management Office as Capex & Opex Controller in the Technology Department. (S)He will report to the Head, Budget & Contracts and will be responsible for driving Capex & Opex executions, manage and maintain support contracts and enforce SLA’s, penalties and contract schedules.
Job Title: Capex & Opex Controller
- Evaluate and manage CAPEX/OPEX proposal for all functional units across the business;
- Prepare the network yearly budget/CAPEX and 5YP CAPEX for the company;
- Responsible for the preparation of Capex Approval Request (CAR) and also respond to all clarifications from the local CAPEX board;
- Coordinate the monthly CAPEX addition from the respective PM’s;
- Ensure every Investment is supported by a business case and fact based analysis for business related decisions;
- Ensure that business reporting is done efficiently for Technology;
- Manage all network operating costs (electricity, lease, field operations cost, service support agreement cost, preventive maintenance cost, staff training cost, vehicles fleet cost, tools etc.);
- Optimize OPEX against budget;
- Responsible for vendor management, i.e. ensuring that vendors are performing and delivering services in accordance with the service support agreement;
- Monitor progress of projects against time, cost, returns and other success parameters.
- Drive and report CAPEX/OPEX efficiently;
Required Qualification and Experience
- A University degree in any field with emphasis on Telecommunication, Computer Science, Finance and other related discipline. A Possession of an MBA or similar field is an added advantage;
- A Certification in CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional);
- A minimum of Four (4) years’ experience in a similar role, preferably within the Telecommunication Industry
- High attention to detail;
- Requires a high level of planning and organizational skills;
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data;
- Must be able to exercise discretion and good judgment;
- Must be able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion.