Posted on :
21 Dec, 2016
21 Dec, 2016
Abt. Associates Inc., a US based company, is implementing the PMI/ USAID–funded African Indoor Residual Spraying (AIRS) program. AIRS has been implemented in in Ghana since 2008 in some selected districts in the Northern Region.
Job Title: M & E Assistant (6 Positions)
Currently, Abt Associates is implementing Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) in Six selected districts in the Northern region: Kumbungu, West Mamprusi, East Mamprusi, Mamprugu/Moagduri,Bunkpurugu-Yunyoo, Karaga, districts.
We are currently seeking qualified individuals to fill temporary positions as District Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (6 positions) in our operational districts. Successful candidates will be contracted for not more than 3 months.
Responsibilities of M & E Assistant
• Train all district level staff including Spray Operators and Mobilizers on all M & E data collection tools and procedures.
• Supervise field data collection by Spray Operators and Mobilizers.
• Perform data collection verification in sprayed and mobilized communities and address data collection errors.
• Support Team Leaders and Field Supervisors to verify Spray Operator data collection forms using the Error Eliminator.
• Ensure timely arrival of all Spray Operator data collection forms from all sites to the data entry center.
• Supervise Data Entry Assistants to ensure that all data entry, cleaning and syncing protocols are well followed.
• Assist the District Operations Coordinator (DOC) to draw a district spray operations and supervision plan.
• Write and submit district weekly spray progress reports.
• Analyze district level spray data to inform decision making for ongoing spray operations.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the DOC and the program M & E Manager.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of Higher National Diploma (HND) in Statistics or a quantitative related field.
• Good background in field data collection with demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate large scale data collection exercise.
• Willingness to live and travel within the district assigned.
• Knowledge in data analysis and interpretation of results will be an advantage.
• Good organizational, report writing and management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
• Strong computer skills with good understanding on the use of MS Excel and Access
• Proficiency in English and one or more Northern Ghanaian Languages will be an advantage.
• Previous work experience in Indoor Residual Spraying will be an added advantage.
• MUST be able to ride a motorbike and possess a valid license
Location: Kumbungu, West Mamprusi, East Mamprusi, Mamprugu/Moagduri,Bunkpurugu-Yunyoo, Karaga
How to Apply for The Job
Please look through the above mentioned districts and select any one where you wish to be considered for the position of Logistics Assistant and state this in your application letter. Application letters that do not have specific district will not be considered.
You can send your application letter and CV by any of the methods stated below. Please choose only one method and apply through that method, do not use both methods to apply:
Send your applications to the following email:
[email protected] (Please indicate the position and district in the subject line of the email. Emails without district and Job title will not be considered)
You can also deliver your application by hand to the Abt Associates Inc. Office building located near VSO office off the SSNIT Road Junction Kalpohine, Estates Tamale.
Closing Date: 10 January, 2017
Applications submitted after this date will not be considered. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Females are particularly encouraged to apply.