Acreaty Ghana Ltd was created with a vision to fill the gaping disparity between the human resource requirement of the corporate world, the existing skilled manpower across various verticals and trending IT Enabled Services requirements in Ghana and other African countries. Founded as a joint venture between Acreaty (having its presence in USA , India and UAE as well) and Jospong Group Of Companies (currently has over 30 subsidiaries locally and 4 companies in other parts of Africa and the Middle East) , Acreaty Ghana Ltd has today developed into one of the leading consulting firms with services in the domestic as well as international markets.
Job Title: Managing Director- Road Safety
To manage the Road Safety Service around the country , to raise awareness & knowledge of road safety issues, provide an innovative, effective and efficient Road Safety Education to contribute to the Country objectives for reducing road casualties.
- To promote, develop and with others implement the Country’s Road Safety strategy and casualty reduction initiatives.
- To manage the Road Safety Service throughout the regions.
- To recruit, supervise, train and motivate members of the road safety.
- To monitor, report and ensure performance in line with agreed targets and indicators.
- To be responsible for the management and effective use of financial and other resources.
- To monitor, investigate and analyze casualty data and to advise on casualty reduction policy, strategy and initiatives.
- To establish, develop and maintain links with external organizations and agencies, including the Police, local authorities, representatives of central government and other partner organizations (e.g. Fire and Rescue Service, Primary Care Trusts).
- To research existing and new ways of reducing casualties and disseminate relevant information.
- To work closely with Country Council officers from a range of disciplines (e.g. public relations, highway engineering) to ensure an effective and integrated approach to casualty reduction.
- To respond to requests and queries from Members and members of the public in a helpful and constructive way.
- To be mindful of the environment and the needs and safety of vulnerable road users, including children, pedestrians, cyclists and disabled and elderly people.
- Consult with internal and external clients to promote road safety and provide advice and support for local road safety programs, campaigns and conferences
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- It will be necessary to work with information technology and associated systems in accordance with Country Council policies.
- To co-operate with the council in complying with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Country Council’s equal opportunities policies.
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- To understand and comply with the Country Council’s environmental policies.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
- Provide marketing support for new policy development activities and to provide technical direction to staff
- Coordinate joint projects and provide clarification and status of policy proposals to the media
- Nationality: No Preference
- Salary: Competitive
- Expected Availability: 1 month
Required Skills or Experience
- Age: NA
- Gender: Male/Female
- Educational Qualification: Professional qualification relevant to the service.
- Work Experience 10+ years of experience in dealing with road safety issues.
- Should have experience with and knowledge of social marketing and public education techniques and principles
- Knowledge of strategic business planning, policy development and decision-making processes
- Prepare and present complex marketing plans and policy proposals with recommendations for action
- Able to develop and maintain effective working relationship
- Able to negotiate sponsorship agreements with community groups and provincial organizations
- Should have well developed project management skills to plan and coordinate the activities of marketing staff in the development of marketing plans and strategies
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their resumes to [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected]