Posted on :
9 Jan, 2023
9 Jan, 2023
Degas is seeking a highly motivated and proactive Finance Operations person to join the team to distribute the financial resources of the company, be responsible for budget planning, and support the executive management team by offering insights and financial advice that will allow them to make the best business decisions for the company.
This position will drive the continuing and ambitious growth of Degas
Job Title: Finance Operations Manager
● Collecting, interpreting, and reviewing financial information
● Predicting future financial trends in agribusiness
● Reporting to management and stakeholders, and providing advice on how the company and future business decisions might be impacted
● Producing financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses etc.
● Developing long-term business plans based on these reports
● Reviewing, monitoring, and managing budgets
● Developing strategies that work to minimize financial risk in an agribusiness
● Analyzing market trends and competitors
● Identify and forge strategic connections and use those to set up opportunities for the agribusiness to grow
● Liaising with suppliers, vendors and banks and building strategic relationships with these stakeholders
A minimum of a degree and 5 years of experience in the financial field will be required to gain a Finance Manager role. A degree in the following fields will prove particularly advantageous:
● Accountancy or Finance
● Business Studies
● Postgraduate degrees in financial management would also be beneficial for candidates looking to advance their careers.
● Prior experience in agribusiness is a plus
● Ability to work independently and drive multiple outputs and competing priorities to completion simultaneously through strong ownership and attention to detail, with minimal guidance in a start-up environment
● Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and start-up environment
● An analytical mind
● Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
● Commercial and business awareness
● A keen eye for detail and a desire to probe further into data
● Ability to stick to time constraints
● Excellent and proactive verbal and written communication skills
● Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize important projects
● Curious, self-driven, analytical, and excited to work with data
● Passionate about helping smallholder farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa!