Posted on :
4 Apr, 2022
4 Apr, 2022
The Delegation of the European Union to Ghana is looking for a Press and Information Assistant.
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. The EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy. The EU Delegation to Ghana’s mission is “Building a strong partnership with Ghana to promote Peace and Prosperity for People and Protecting the Planet”.
Job Title: Press and Information Assistant
• A position of Press and Information Assistant in an international and multicultural environment.
• Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation.
• The jobholder will contribute to increasing the visibility and public awareness of the EU and the Delegation of the EU in Ghana, raise the profile of the EU and the EU Delegation in Ghana through media including social media, communications and public diplomacy activities.
• He/she will contribute to the development of the Delegation’s communication strategy and to the yearly planning of activities in close collaboration with the Press and Information Officer and under the supervision of the hierarchy.
• The place of employment is Delegation of the European Union to Ghana -The Round House – 81, Cantonments Road, Accra, Ghana.
• Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
We are looking for a persuasive, resilient individual with good networking skills. He/she should be able to cope with pressure to work in an erratic schedules and deadlines.
• Contribute to increasing the visibility and public awareness of the EU and the Delegation of the EU in Ghana;
• Raise the profile of the EU and the EU Delegation in Ghana through media including social media, communications and public diplomacy activities.
• Contribute to the development of the Delegation’s communication strategy and to the yearly planning of activities in close collaboration with the Press and Information Officer and under the supervision of the hierarchy.
• Assist in the planning and management of public diplomacy events and campaigns,
• Organization of events, creation and implementation of digital communication plans to promote such events;
• Support the cooperation section in activities related to the visibility of projects by proposing appropriate communication plans;
• Accompany officials during missions within the country and organize press coverage;
• Promote internal and external communications via the intranet and other internal channels
• Lead digital campaigns with all relevant local partners;
• Website management: contribute to the creation of content strategy, helping to identify the most compelling ‘stories’ and produce digital content to promote the Delegation work;
• Manage the EU Delegation ?s profiles across key social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Flickr and YouTube) and engage
• Monitor the local and European media, prepare press reports and press clips for the Delegation and Headquarters;
• Contribute to political reporting and others,
• Draft press releases, flash notes, articles, information for the media and the Internet, edit publications;
• Assist in preparing media briefings and interviews;
• Assist in managing the Press & Information budget and prepare tender documents
• Maintain the Communication and Public Affairs contacts database;
• Keep abreast of the latest innovations in digital communications and make suggestions for new ways of promoting work and messages online;
• Assist the Delegation in any other key tasks as required by the Head of Section or Head of Delegation
• Excellent proven communication skills including the use of social media
• Very good analytical and writing skills
• Very good organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Very good sense of initiative.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment
• Ability to clearly and efficiently conceptualize ideas.
• Ability to lead and moderate debates
• Flexibility on working hours
• Persuasive, resilient, able to handle criticism, able to cope with pressure and meet erratic deadlines
• Able to speak clearly in public, also with a microphone
• Networking skills
• Knowledge of photo, video, infographics design, graphic and layout editing and design tools
• Knowledge of Web publication methods and tools
• Knowledgeable on both regional, national and international politics
Qualification Required & Experience
• University Degree in Journalism, Communication, Social media or related fields
• Minimum 5 years professional experience in performing similar tasks;
• Experience in managing social media accounts.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken)
• Advanced proven knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Any other proven knowledge of local or international politic
• Knowledge of public procurement procedures
• Ability to do video editing, infographics design and digital marketing
• Working experience with diplomatic missions and/or international organizations
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send their application and supporting documents by email to [email protected] (link sends e-mail) indicating as the subject: “Application: Press and Information Assistant – [Family name and first name]”.
The application should include a cover letter, a detailed Europass CV with one professional reference. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for written test and an interview. Recruitment of the successful candidate will be subject to medical fitness.