Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 330,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
Job Title: Officer – Quality, Independence, Risk and Reputation
The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of quality, risk, regulatory, and compliance support activities to ensure a high standard of compliance. Depending on the experience possessed by the candidate, he/she will also provide legal support to the team as and when required.
- Review draft, review and negotiate client and vendor contracts.
- Ensure compliance with legislation, professional regulations, policies, procedures, and standards of conduct.
- Perform directorships searches of contractors and firm staff and follow up on exceptions;
- Support QIIR-OGC in engagement acceptance procedures (risk management committee’s approval; background/internet checks/anti-money);
- Support the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and other Managers in QIIR-OGC in other roles as may be assigned.
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. The CRO may ask the employee to carry out additional duties or responsibilities, which may fall reasonably within the ambit of the role profile, depending on operational requirements.
Educational Requirements/Professional Qualifications
Applicants must have a keen interest in developing their skills in the Quality, Independence and Risk areas of the business.
A fair understanding of Risk Management and Regulatory requirements for different industries will also be valuable
- Have a minimum of 1 year work experience in Risk, Internal Audit, Legal or related areas.
- Be of proven integrity, giving attention to confidentiality requirements
- Possess excellent writing and oral communication/presentation skills
- Have ability to maintain a professional outlook and carriage at all times
- Be willing to learn new skills in the broad activities that Risk, and Independence now cover
- Must be analytical and possess effective decision-making skills
- Must also have the ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize workloads and pay attention to detail
- Have the ability to follow through on assigned tasks and proactively seek guidance, clarifications, and feedback
- Be prepared to work extra hours from time to time to ensure that all business units have their service requests dealt with promptly
- Be a good team player, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in the use of MS-office tools i.e., Excel, Word, and Power-point
Deloitte Ghana Generic Competencies
- Providing exceptional service.
- Effective communication.
- Developing of talents.
- Growing our firm and its brand.
- Attitude to work.