The Chinese Translator directly reports to the assigned supervisor in charge and is responsible for translating and interpreting Chinese language by being able to read, comprehend and translate Chinese words and ideas into another language while retaining the core ideas and information from the original texts.
Job Title: Chinese – English Language Translators
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides both simultaneous and consecutive interpretation support
- Translates Chinese intermediate to advanced-level printed materials including
- Transcribes and translates Chinese foreign language
- English-Chinese interpreters assist with communication between English-speaking workers and Chinese-speaking staff.
- The interpreter will need to convey both informal and formal information.
- Chinese interpreters are responsible for listening to , understanding and translating spoken or written statements in the Mandarin Chinese language
Educational and Qualifying Experience
- Native or non-native Linguist –
- Native Linguist – Requires native level skills and five years of experience
- Must have a solid understanding of computers with experience in the application and use of Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Give attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy