JOB PURPOSE: To provide coordination and leadership for the Administration, and Human Resources Management functions of the Institute.
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
- Provide leadership and coordination in the preparation of the Administration budget and manage the budget within the approved limits.
- Ensure the availability of all the logistics required for running the Institute.
- Create a safe and conducive environment for teaching and learning.
- Set objectives for direct reports and monitor and evaluate their performance periodically.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guest speakers or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Collaborate with teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of school programs such as:
- Gender programming
- Community project
- School to work transitions
- Workplace experience
- Ensure the efficient running of all Units under jurisdiction namely:
- Lead in the manpower planning process for the Institute.
- Advise the Director of Institute on all HR related matters.
- Initiate the development of HR initiatives that enhance staff morale and productivity.
- Ensure that Job Descriptions are prepared for all the positions in the organization.
- Advertise vacant positions and facilitate the recruitment of suitable candidates.
- Develop and maintain the Institute’s human resources policies and procedures and ensure adherence to the policies.
- Build a culture of discipline and execution through the role out of the HR policies
- Undertake salary surveys to ensure that the Institute’s compensation and benefits remain competitive.
- Coordinate the annual performance management process for staff and faculty.
- Facilitate the identification of administrative staff and faculty training needs in conjunction with Department heads.
- Plan and lead professional development activities for staff and faculty. .
- Ensure the health and safety of students, staff and faculty.
- Ensure that the appropriate grievance handling and disciplinary procedures are in place.
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Ensure that all frequently used items are well stocked throughout the year.
- Put in place systems and structures to minimize pilferage and loss at the stores.
- Maintain inventory of all vehicles of the Institute
- Monitor and review all logging activities on the Institute’s vehicles
- Ensure that all Company vehicles are in good shape and go for regular maintenance.
Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree in Business Administration with HR, a Masters would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of Eight (8) years’ experience in similar role with at least three years (3) in a management role.