We are recruiting for the position of a
Job Title: PROJECT SITE ENGINEER.
The role reports directly to the CONSTRUCTION MANAGER.
Assist Project Directors & Construction Managers to design & build residential and commercial building/civil structures, review structural designs by external consultants, supervise the field construction of building and civil works, oversee and coordinate the work of building supervisors, subcontractors, and trade artisans.
Your duties would include (but are not limited to) the following;
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check contractor’s setting out and supervise the construction and quality control measure in respect of works;
- Assess the adequacy of labor provided by the contactor and his method of work in relation to the required rate of progress and, when necessary, taking appropriate action in order to expedite progress;
- Assess the adequacy of materials to be provided for contractors and monitor proper and efficient use of materials on site;
- Ensure that all measurement of completed or partially completed works are made for the determination of quantities;
- Be present when construction materials are delivered, and take inventory as required;
- Keep daily record of materials, labor and equipment associated with the works and their movement
- Ensure compliance of instruction given by the Project Director and other professionals of the team to the contractor;
- Supervise and ensure that quality control measures for the works are complied with;
- Promptly report any unusual incident or Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) issues to the relevant authority; and also ensure proper HSE practices are adhered to.
- Organize periodic site view meetings and prepare minutes thereof for management consideration;
- Prepare construction progress report and other periodic reports
- BSc Civil Engineering OR BSc Construction Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant field working experience excluding national service.
- Relevant Experience in the Real Estate Construction Industry is a plus.
- Membership of professional association/body.
- Working knowledge in structural design software such as STAAD, Autodesk Structural Analysis (Robot) or E-Tab, MS project is desirable.
- Working knowledge in Project/Construction Management will be an added advantage.
DEADLINE:Friday, 6th July, 2018.
CONDITIONS:Only qualified candidates should apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
How to Apply
Email CV, Application Letter & All Relevant Documents plus Two References: [email protected] PLEASE NOTE: We encountered some challenges with our email system. Applicants whose emails did not deliver should kindly resubmit their applications and Indicate “Project Engineer” as subject of email.